Freedome disconnects ALL network adaptors upon connecting, not just the external NIC?

When enabling Freedome, why does it disconnect my LAN adapters which have nothing to do with the external adaptor using Freedome? I have SSH and SMB sessions open on my LAN NICs that get disconnected when enabling Freedome. I am using the latest version of Freedome 2.18.5493.0 on Windows 10.

Regards

Dali

Best Answer

• LakshLaksh Posts: 4,432 Community Manager
    Accepted Answer

Hi dalirabbit,

This is normal behaviour; the operating system disconnects the connections as the VPN is enabled.

Comments

• PavitraPavitra Posts: 81

Hi dalirabbit,

Welcome to F-Secure Community !

Were you able to connect before successfully?

Thank you

• I can connect to the services fine. But every time I disconnect and then connect again to e.g. another country end-point, it breaks all my SSH and other connections on my LAN. My question is why that is necessary.

Hi dalirabbit,

This is maybe due to Killswitch, you may try to turn it off .

If the issue occurs again after trying the above, please contact our Support Team via phone or chat here in order to check further on this.

Thank you

• I do not have the killswitch enabled.

Hi dalirabbit,

Thank you for your reply. As mentioned before, I would reccommend you to contact our Support Team via Chat or Phone here so this issue can be investigated further.

Drop me a line if I can do anything else for you.

This discussion has been closed.