How to download F-secure Total?

I want to download F-secure Total, but I seem not be able to, because I have had a trial subscription to SAFE some years ago, and the F-secure webstore just keeps nagging that my trial period has ended. What should I do now?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

So, I assume you're using the same account for Total that you did for the trial SAFE?  Did you completely remove SAFE from the machine?  Perhaps running the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool might help, if there is still some debris left from the trial SAFE installation.

Has the purchase gone through for Total, and does the subscription show correctly as active on your account?

• jalve
    jalve Posts: 4 Explorer

My subscription to F-secure Internet Security is still valid for a few more days. I don't remember if I have actually had SAFE on this machine and whether I have removed it completely or less than completely, but in any case, it's Internet Security I am currently using. I don't want to remove it and then start looking for F-secure Total download links. I purchased the F-secure Total subscription from another store, but they haven't delivered the code yet. I thought I could use the 30-day free trial until I get it, but apparently F-secure doesn't want to let me.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Sounds that trouble is based on next situation:

-> you tried F-Secure SAFE previously (your mail-address is pinned to F-Secure SAFE account);

-> when you login into your account with your mail-address - such account is still with expired state for F-Secure SAFE trial.

For F-Secure TOTAL: maybe need to create completely fresh My F-Secure Account (my.f-secure.com) for trial time. For example, by using another your mail-address.

OR:

There are some Knowledgebase articles about potential upgrade from F-Secure SAFE to F-Secure TOTAL:

And about 'how to start use TOTAL':

Another option is try to contact F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

and ask them for re-pin your mail-address to Total trial (or 'delete/close' your account for F-Secure SAFE and then re-use your mail-address for fresh TOTAL trial account).

Also, since your purchase is from another store -> maybe some specific steps are needed for activate it. So, good to doublecheck it before any steps with F-Secure Total Trial.

What if subscription-code is possible to use only by creating fresh account (and it is not possible to 'redeem' for trial or expired ones).

Thanks!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@jalve wrote:

Once I received the retail box, I followed the download link that was included, and installation was successful. I guess you just can't try out Total if you already have had a trial of SAFE, even if it was years ago.

Hello,

I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions). So, it is only my own unofficial suggestions and information may be outdated.

But such limitation is valid only for FREEDOME (part of Total):

And maybe it should not be valid for SAFE (maybe for except meanings like 'account' is used only for SAFE or TOTAL; before any 'renewal-upgrade' steps). But I did not try such setting (SAFE trial and then TOTAL trial). With such stuck (SAFE/TOTAL trials) -> maybe F-Secure Uninstallation Tool may be useful (as clean up before clean installation):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support-tools

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info