FSIS 2012 blocks network analyzer CommView for WiFi from running when Deep Guard is enabled
Some of the users who run F-secure 2012 cannot use network monitor and analyzer CommView for WiFi (network monitor and analyzer) with unless they turn off the Deep Guard.
This is how to reproduce the issue:
1. Install F-secure 2012 (we tested on a trial version) on Windows XP SP3 with default parameters, install updates, reboot the system. Deep Guard is active by default.
2. Then install CommView for WiFi 6.3 - no errors during installation.
3. Try running CommView for WiFi and get the error message with "CV.EXE - Unable to locate component" title and the following text:
"This application has failed to start because яaapimap.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"
Please note that CommView for WiFi does not have a file with such name (яааpimap.dll)!
4. Click OK on the pop-up message with the text, nothing happens, CommView for WiFi does not start.
5. However, If we go to the settings of FSIS 2012 and turn off the Deep Guard module, and try running CommView for WiFi again, it will start just fine. So, the cause of the prblem appears to be in the Deep Guard.
Why Deep Guard blocks CommView for WiFi application from running? Can this be fixed? Don't want the end-users to choose between the network analyzer and DeepGuard protection.