Traffic leaking from other clients?
Today I streamed from my iPhone to my Apple TV with Freedome on. When the video ended the tv screen started to flicker and for a short while (4-8 seconds) someone elses screen mirror of MacOS desktop and then an IOS screen mirroring appeared on the screen.
The reasons why I suspect the airplay traffic was coming though the Freedome ipsec tunnel:
- Airplay is only allowed from the local network in Apple TV settings
- No other clients on the local network was powered on (nor have I ever used any other devices to airplay)
- I have blocked all incoming connections from WAN in my Juniper Firewall
- The screen mirror was not part of the video I streamed
- There are no other users in my network and I have not shared the wlan password with anyone
- The MacOS had US english keyboard layout (the flag was visible in the status bar) so it’s unlikely that the traffic orignated locally since I’m in Finland
I wish I had realized to try to see if Freedome vpn icon appeared on the mirrored screens but I was too busy trying to take a video of the tv screen.
I was connected to Espoo Finland when this happened.
I always assumed that incoming connections through the tunnel were blocked and clients isolated from each other, is this not the case?
Is there any other explanation?