Protection malfunction

FSecure Safe wont let me run a scan. 

Under "Antivirus" it now states "Your computer is not protected" "Protection malfunction. Restart your computer"

I tried re-starting the computer but problem won't go away.

Best Answer

• UkkoUkko Posts: 2,997 Superuser
    Accepted Answer

Hello,

Just like clarification: I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

With my feelings: some reasons may be there.

And probably good step is try to contact their direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat as example):
    https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Or if it is not an option -> maybe possible to try reinstallation. Like "Uninstall" F-Secure SAFE by common steps (from system list of installed applications); then restart system, then try to use F-Secure Uninstallation Tool; and then fresh clean installation F-Secure SAFE.

My opinion that such notification, usually, is based on internal F-Secure checks about accessibility its services or some of critical functionality. Since your list of updates (F-Secure databases/engines) are up-to-date and installed (even good to re-check that it was with such state under direct "List of updates" -> Tools -> check updates -> more information); and there are not clear any other reasons (like installed something or so) -- maybe reinstallation is option.

Sorry for my reply.

Thanks!

Kevinmoon

Comments

Hello,

Maybe it is good to know:

->> does it fresh/clean installation of F-Secure solution?

Or F-Secure solution was installed some time already and works?

->> if second option: does there any changes with system before such 'protection trouble'?

if first option: does there any other potential security solutions?

->> does it possible to re-check what is listed under "F-Secure Updates":

-- rightclick F-Secure Tray-picture -- "Open common settings" under menu -- check "List of updates".

All of them are listed as installed?

Thanks!

• Its an old installation, maybe 2 years. Its been working fine until now.

Fully up to date with installed updates.

Capture.PNG

Ukko
  • I went for the uninstall and re-install option. 

This worked well and all is ok now. But of course it used one of my spare licences.

I still have a couple left, so not the end of the world.

Thanks for replying. very helpful

Ukko

Hello,

In general, it should be possible to login into your My F-Secure Account and release unused licence (stuck-device - if it is possible to identify such a device). By 'choose' device-installation and choose 'release licence'.

But even if it will be with stuck-status -> when all licences 'in use' - next try to install F-Secure SAFE should ask for release licences (and re-use them only for active installations).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.