What if the DNS-IP, as shown on your free router-checker, is not the Google 8.8.8.8, that I set it,

What if the DNS-IP, as shown on your free router-checker, is not the Google 8.8.8.8, that I set it, to ?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

So, I able to think that:

--> your experience can be about multiple DNS-servers settings under your router.

--> troubles with F-Secure Router Checker (not sure - if it can with any reasons for such view); so good to check: does noted information is about something valid (your ISP or so); Or even maybe some experience with VPN service during checks with service.

Thanks!

• leftblank15
    leftblank15 Posts: 3 New Member

Look -- the Mac's "Network"-pane/control-panel, has the DNS set to 8.8.8.8 (Google), but the browser-window's modem/router, is showing the DNS set to two Earthlink-ISP DNSes, and F-Secure check, reports Google, but also reports a different DNS, and arin.net , as DNS .

You would think, that the 8.8.8.8, would propagate, all the way, through, but it doesn't .

I'm concerned, in-light of the recently reported DNS-changer malware, on Macs .

I can seem to get no help, from the manufacturer, of the modem, even although the tech companies, are supposed to support their products, for at-least four-to-five-years, from the date-of-introduction .

This discussion has been closed.