Difference licence Attach

I have a question about what is the difference between an Attach licence and an regular(Full)?

I´ve bought recently a Internet Security licence what I taught was a full licence,but what I than discovered was that I got an Attach licence.

Can I install an attach licence on my computer,even if my computer is not brand new? But however I´ve have had many previous licence from F-secure installed on my computer,but this should´t be any problem.

But however  it doesn´t matter if it is an regular Internet security or Safe or equal licence you have bought.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

There was reply with explanation for F-Secure IS design about 'subscription/license points':

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/What-is-a-subscription-and-how/m-p/62373#M10645

But what did you mean about "Attach licence"? Does it something as renew?! OR how to possible understand "attach"-point there?

Sorry if this is something known as term.

Thanks!

• Thompa
    Thompa Posts: 10 New Member

Sound weard for me that there are licences that a software company don´t even know what it stands for.

I´ve contected f-secure support,but whats even more wierd is that f-secure support never heard of Attach before.

But I know that for many years ago-like over 15 years ago many electronic stores cooperated with bigger software companys (ex.Norton).I´ve my self a computer with this type of software.So if I´m not lost in the bushes.

Even in modern times I hear that when I buy a new computer the store offers me a liccence.

If there is someone that can explain for me what is a Attach licence.

However I´ve never heard of this expression before.

But I see more of this in regular swedish stores. But what makes me more confused in this situation is what I´ve taught was  a fully payed licence (non Attach).

In my situation the box is blue with: F-secure Internet Security. Win/PC. And the upper right corner is yellow and texted "Distributed only with a new computer".

However when I searched around in many common swedish stores they also have Attach licence.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Thompa wrote:

Sound weard for me that there are licences that a software company don´t even know what it stands for.

I´ve contected f-secure support,but whats even more wierd is that f-secure support never heard of Attach before.

But I know that for many years ago-like over 15 years ago many electronic stores cooperated with bigger software companys (ex.Norton).I´ve my self a computer with this type of software.So if I´m not lost in the bushes.

Even in modern times I hear that when I buy a new computer the store offers me a liccence.

If there is someone that can explain for me what is a Attach licence.

However I´ve never heard of this expression before.

But I see more of this in regular swedish stores. But what makes me more confused in this situation is what I´ve taught was  a fully payed licence (non Attach).

In my situation the box is blue with: F-secure Internet Security. Win/PC. And the upper right corner is yellow and texted "Distributed only with a new computer".

However when I searched around in many common swedish stores they also have Attach licence.

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Do you able to clarify some points:

Did you mean "me" as "software company"? If yes -> sorry, but I'm not a software company.

If you did mean that I'm an official F-Secure Staff -> sorry, but I'm not an official F-Secure Staff.

I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions) and user of this community. So... does it still can be 'weird' with meanings that I'm also user and maybe it may be not known for me?

But it's indeed interesting for me; And good to know what is "Attach license". Do you able to explain it (if my suggestion below is not valid)?

I´ve contected f-secure support,but whats even more wierd is that f-secure support never heard of Attach before

This can be weird indeed.. if F-Secure did provide it. Maybe they call it with another words.

I able to think that your experience about something like "OEM"-design (or so).

Even I feel that "attach license" can be 'clear'..  but not always (because "attach license" can be as 'rental license', 'renewal license' or some other meanings).

What I mean by 'OEM'-design -> something like 'pre-installed software' (and activation license for it)' or pinned to certain device.

So... potential answer:

--> I able to think that possible to use license-key with any of devices (supported Windows).

Required to use it as clean installation (not as renew or extend current subscription);

--> Maybe it will be possible to use this subscription ONLY under this one device. But not likely... and maybe there common limitations for device-count.

Good if F-Secure Team do explain more... there or with next try to use Support chat/phone.

// and such sticker/explanation about distribution with fresh computers can be as prevention 'to offer' this CD/DVD (license-subscription) as certain 'item' (which not a legal step - if F-Secure do want to create such 'gift' for owners of fresh PCs);

Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info