Internet Security 2014 new release?

NikK
NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

The Internet Security Upgrade Tool says an upgrade is available, but I can't find any information/news/release notes of such an upgrade. Is it the Release 3 of IS?

IS upgrade.png

Comments

Hi

There hasn't been any new release of F-Secure Internet Security. If you have Launch pad version 2.06.303, then you have the latest release.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• NikK

I installed R2 in december when it was released, and I haven't seen any new release information after that. 

Only automatic updates/downloads. So why don't I have the latest version?

downloads.png

The upgrade is in gradual (throttled) mode, so only a few thousand customers receive the upgrade per day. The upgrade tool should have made your client bypass the throttling and receive the upgrade immediately.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• NikK

I'm confused. If I continue with the "upgrade" it tells me that it is indeed Internet Security 2014 Release 3

IS2014R3.png

So why isn't there any announcements and release notes on the F-Secure web site about this, as it was with R2?

• Frisjo
    Frisjo Posts: 47 Enthusiast

Hello NikK. 

Sorry for the late reply to your post. 

We have so far only announced versions that we push via automatic upgrade to all customers and for versions that included major changes. 

It was a good feedback and we will really think about publishing more announcements to the community. 

Br

Johan

• NikK

Thanks Johan, I appreciate that!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info