How to unsubscribe from FS Protected websites

I had somehow signed up for a site & am receiving emails from it.  When I click a link from the email to access the site, FS Protection blocks the site saying its not a good site.  That's fine.  But when I click the link in the email to unsubscribe, that's also blocked.  So how do I unsubscribe without allowing the site?  I don't want to keep getting email from them.   Should I maybe fill out a bug report?  Thanks!

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

@mp07 wrote:

I had somehow signed up for a site & am receiving emails from it.  When I click a link from the email to access the site, FS Protection blocks the site saying its not a good site.  That's fine.  But when I click the link in the email to unsubscribe, that's also blocked.  So how do I unsubscribe without allowing the site?  I don't want to keep getting email from them.   Should I maybe fill out a bug report?  Thanks!

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

Maybe good to know more information (as part of discussion). For example, what is "a site" and what is "content of mail letters" from it?

Also, does your experience is about mobile device (where FS Protection blocks the site)?

Do you mean you want to unsubscribe from FS Protection mail letters? And FS Protection software block FS Protection (related) websites itself?

I do able to explain such points or to try imagine about state - but decided to ask firstly.

Or your experience is about third-party website / service (if so - topic title confused me)?

Thanks!

• mp07
    mp07 Posts: 50 Explorer

Thanks for replying Ukko.  I'm sorry, I guess I should have explalined a little better.  The site I apparently signed up for a while ago is some kind of an investment type site(3rd party site).  & I keep getting emails from them(the investment type site).  I'm not really interested in them.  & when I try to click on the links in their emails, the site is blocked by FS Protection(Saying it is or may be a harmful site).  Since I'm not interested & don't want their emails, I thought I'd unsubscribe from them(since I don't want to get their emails any more).  But when I click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of their(investment site/3rd party) emails, it is(investment site unsubscribe link) is also blocked by FS Protection.  I guess since it still goes to their(invest. site/3rd party) site.  & the only way I can figure to unsubscribe(from the investment site/3rd party site), is to "allow" the site(investment type site) in the FS Proteciton software.  But if FS Protection thinks this(investment type site) is harmful, I don't want to "allow" the site.  But then I don't know how to unsubscribe from the emails/site so I don't get any more of their(invest site/3rd party) emails.

I'm on a pc desktop computer using Windows 10 & Firefox broswer(& some times Edge browser).  I want to keep the FS Protection.  I just don't want to keep getting 3-5 emails a day from this investment type site.  But can't unsubscribe since the site is blocked/harmful.  I hope this explains a little better.  Thanks!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for additions!

The site I apparently signed up for a while ago is some kind of an investment type site(3rd party site).  & I keep getting emails from them(the investment type site).  

I see. Except for my further suggestion, I think that there can be next workaround try:

- some of mail providers with "SPAM" functionality. Usually, it can be as a trigger for unsubscribing.

When you mark it as a "spam" (as own choice). Google Mail knowledgebase article with information that if letter is tricky (unsubscribe button is not available) - such action may block any further letters from this address.

BUT!

But if FS Protection thinks this(investment type site) is harmful, I don't want to "allow" the site.  But then I don't know how to unsubscribe from the emails/site so I don't get any more of their(invest site/3rd party) emails.

More nice and good: to transfer URL to F-Secure Labs:

If such domain / website / service is really malicious - good to know it surely.

Otherwise, website will be re-rated (to safe) and then should be possible to use "unsubscribe" button as always.

I just don't want to keep getting 3-5 emails a day from this investment type site.

Though, maybe it is more about rogue / spam / scam itself rather than malicious domain (or even harmful). So, maybe suspicious rating is more suitable there (if it is not a harmful domain).

But if F-Secure Labs will confirm that domain is not malicious - then should be possible to safely unsubscribe and do not use it further.

Another things to check:

- to check URL (website) with https://virustotal.com

if this website is marked as malicious by anyone else.

if - no. maybe such rating (by F-Secure) is false positive on current day.

Thanks!

• mp07
    mp07 Posts: 50 Explorer

Thank you VERY much for all the info Ukko!  I really appreciate it.  I have to run out, but I will look into this more when I return.  Thanks SO much again for all your time & help!!!!  :)

This discussion has been closed.