ULAV fresh news

Re: ULAV fresh news

ULAV is interfering with Mozilla Firefox in a very bad way. If I want to close the browser, I need to click twice on the red X. First time it just doesn't close. Hola add-on is being disabled for some reason too. I thought FF was broken and tried to uninstall it, but ULAV is locking it's processes. If I disable ULAV, FF is working just fine. This is what I call pain in the ass!!! I had no problems with the previous versions of ULAV.

Superuser

Hello
Never forget it's a beta, may suggest 2 things ?
1) run diag utility and send the report
2)avoid using expressions such as P.I.A.
Highlighted

1. What diag utility? I don't see any.

2.English is not my mother tongue. What should I use instead?

Superuser

This link doesn't work for me. Downloaded file is 290 KB, but can't be open.

scr

Superuser

sorry this is the one I used a few days agon, I suggest you wait till mondy when Andy is back on duty, the file ccan be unpacked using winra and will weigh 623 ko after unpacking (290 before).

Superuser

Hello,

It's should be "290 KB" and probably there all OK with file.

How you try to open it by 7zip(?) ?

Do you able to use just right-click and unzip it. By default-Windows (if it was not re-changed) feature. Or by 7zip (?)  as "extract to fsdiag" (for example).

It will be a folder with "fsdiag" (support tool) and configuration files. You able to launch fsdiag under current folder for create fsdiag-file.

You prompt looks like... if trying to open .zip-file as another extension (.7z or .rar) - but maybe there just comes auto-choose. Or other variants, but with another variants... there enough just re-place file to another folder.

Sorry for my reply.

Supporter

Hi,

ULAV is a very good program, but nothing annoys me so as truly continuous communication to the server, for example, when you install the program. Installing a simple program, sometimes it takes even a few minutes, because at that time the program scans in the cloud. Perhaps for the first time that there was nothing but the same software to be installed again, re-scanned. Sorry for my english but I think you understand what I meanSmiley Happy

Superuser

Hi
I guess it's due to ulav dependance on the so called "cloud" as it has to check it's database. On my side I did not notice that as I have the luck to have an effective 480/180 bandwidth.
Supporter

I envySmiley Happy But the program should no longer be scanned during reinstallation, when he was scanned and cloud it should be familiar with the program. My upload is weak and is only 2 Mb / s and installing programs is felt (waiting to install the program after communication with the cloud)