ULAV fresh news

Superuser

Re: ULAV fresh news

Hello

if anyone from the staff happens to go by... I have a question: is ULAV compatibility with Windows 10 planned ?

thx

F-Secure

ULAV should already work on Windows 10.

Highlighted
Superuser

hello AndyP I'm giving it a try in a few minutes, I'll post my findings

Superuser

installed on W 100049 x64

report: installs like a charm, disables defender as it shhould, first scan ok, UI crashes each time I call it, services keep on running as they should

Superuser

@Andy

Are there any current thoughts on developing a 'Lite' anti-virus for mobiles?  The main reason I don't use FS for Mobile is because all I want is an AV, without all the other stuff, such as anti theft, etc.  I know you can turn that off, but then every time you look at the app, it tells you that you're not fully protected.  I also don't like the fact that it doesn't seem possible to remove the icon from the top of the screen.  I currently use Bitdefender AV for Mobiles, which is unobtrusive, and is just a stand alone AV product.  An FS ULAV for mobiles would be awesome, and something I would definitely use.  :)

Superuser

seems there's still a long way to go

Superuser

Ah, but this is a journey, not necessarily a destination.  Smiley Wink

F-Secure

We actually have developed ULAV for Android. It has been integrated into our Freedome VPN product on that platform.  The AV part of this product comes for free, meaning you don't need to use the VPN functionality at all if you don't want to. As long as you have Freedome installed on your Android device, it will continue to protect you by scanning newly installed apps and periodically checking what you have on the device. It's a fully cloud-based AV, even moreso than the Windows product.

You can find more about Freedome here:

https://www.f-secure.com/freedome

Try it out, and if you like it, tell others.

F-Secure

I mentioned your UI crash to the devs here. We've been seeing similar UI problems occasionally in-house. This is most likely caused by the fact that the UI is running on OpenGL and it has problems with certain video drivers.

Superuser

could u be more explicit than "certain video drivers" I have a GTX 970 349.90 drivers... ?