ULAV fresh news

F-Secure

Re: ULAV fresh news

As it turns out, we need to do a bit more thinking on how to improve the UI past my initial suggestions. These changes were not as small as I imagined, so we decided to put them off for a moment while we work on more important features (hint hint)...

Highlighted

Any news on new version?

Superuser

just read AndyP last thread and don't fret Smiley Wink
Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for reply.

F-Secure ULAV "2.0" (?!) will be soon already? and does it will be with new re-naming (?)  technology-words as F-Secure LH?

Or it's just different things and not really related with design of "F-Secure Ultralight" (from current version of F-Secure ULAV)? And not related with potential new release/upgrade for F-Secure ULAV?

Thanks.

F-Secure

Hi!

Sorry again for the long delays between my posts recently. It's still really busy around here and we haven't had much bandwidth for Ultralight work. I can, however, give you a teaser of what we have lined up:

We've been working on a 32-bit version of the beta product. We're trying to get all the pieces together for this, but it's a big job since it requires all the update channels and stuff. We have working internal "offline" installers. Most of the pieces are in place to make the proper online installer which we'll provide as soon as its ready.

The number one and most popular request from you guys has been for banking protection. We now have an internal build of the beta product that includes banking protection. We're working on rolling that into an upcoming update for y'all, but I can't currently give any accurate estimates on when that will happen. Hopefully soon, though!

Thirdly, we're working on some super-secret cutting-edge protection technologies that we want to put into Ultralight beta first and foremost. More on that later...

Again, my apologies for the long wait. I'm happy to hear that you're all eager for new features and updates and I hope we can soon get back into the mode of being able to provide those quicker!

--andy

Superuser

Good to hear the product is still in development, Andy. :)
Superuser

hello Andy

Thanks for these infos, these good news make my mouth dripping :))

I'm also glad to here that banking protection comming.

That was one of the reason that im not always the product use.

F-Secure

Hi all!

We yesterday noticed a misconfiguration in our ultralight-feedback mailing list. Mail being send to ultralight-feedback@f-secure(dot)com originating from outside the f-secure.com domain was not reaching us. We have now corrected this problem.

If any of you sent us mail via this feedback channel in the past, we unfortunately didn't recevie it. However, we will start to receive those mails from now on.

We understand that quite a bit of good feedback has been lost over the past few months and we sincerely apologize for this situation.

--andy

Superuser

just too bad, can't retrieve my contributions due to local cleanup and migration to W10 10041, sorry.