Release TP111 and new interface colors. Do you like it or not?

Senior Advisor

Re: Release TP111 and new interface colors. Do you like it or not?

@Ville 

thanks for confirming Smiley Wink

Scholar

I like the new colors. Needs a little work but overall I like the change.

Highlighted
Supporter

Installed new TP112. And sorry but... icons are still very ugly... First: now icons in tray and launchpad have black background. In launchpad it seems quite good and icons are good quality. But tray icon is very small and due black background "F" icon is almost invisible. And new icons in main window is a COMPLETELY fault... Just look:  They are completely not detailed in compare to launchpad icons. So... They are changes but these changes aren't good, sorry. 

What is tour opinion Guys?

And i still think that colors and look before TP111 were better... 

Superuser

@ piainista47

You're right on this point, with a high res screen (1920 x 1080) these icons on a black background are "blurred", same with the main guy, let me suggest that the guy be made to adapt itself according to the screen res ?

on another hand I'm certain the devs aren't blind and will iron this out Smiley Wink

Superuser

I'm on Windows 7 with the beta, and before I have another moan about the font size, and text not fitting, does anyone else see the same in Launch Pad as me, in that the text for 'Browsing Protection' is cut off?

LauchPad.png

I do agree that the tray icon could have done without the black background, especially as it is not mis-matched with the Desktop icon, which I hope doesn't get the black background!

Superuser

I'm actually seeing this as the 'Home' screen, which seems to be different to how others are seeing it.  Maybe a font issue with different operating systems?  This is on Windows 7:

MainFS.png

Maybe the font and size is being taken from Windows settings, rather than using it's own?

Superuser

Hello,

Which edition of Windows 7 do you have?!

Any different-points with fonts can be related with default-system fonts.

For example, any Media Center editions use another one. And F-Secure probably take that "default"-setting for some interface-places (most companies do that).

----------------------------------

Current picture with Launch pad - so "scary launch pad". :)

Superuser

It's Windows 7 Home Premium, Ukko. I just tried fiddling with some of the font settings, but nothing made any difference, so perhaps I didn't find the right one.
Superuser

same sight on my rig with windows 8.1

Scholar

Well after looking at the Icon and colors a little more closely I think the Icon is too small. The colors I can get used to with some work. Is there really that much of a reason to change? We have excellent protection and that is what matters most to me.