Release TP111 and new interface colors. Do you like it or not?

Superuser

Re: Release TP111 and new interface colors. Do you like it or not?

Will the new interface be the same for Mac users, I wonder?
Superuser

the community should not forget this is a technical preview and, as such, still lacks some polish which will come on the way. As far as I'm concerned, I like streamlined design, some will call it "flat" but love it or hate it, windows 8 design is here to stay and "flat design" will widespread.

As I mentionned in my tester"s suggestions to the devs, the black gui should not be solid but have a degree of trnsparency, same for white, the angles and borders (outlines) should be with softer angles.

When you see the attempts made by Panda and Bullguard, it really kills the eyes... In short I'm happy with the direction the devs have taken.

Aspirant

Changing interface colors to me it seems a bit sudden.
I do not think that F-Secure has to follow the example of other programs.
A change is always necessary, but it should be gradual. The old colors were just need a little contrast, or a slight change in hue.
As for the logo I find that the old version looks more elegant. In addition it is well established.

” Panta rhei ”
Simplicius
F-Secure

Hi

Thank you all for the comments. We are reading them all even if not replying to everyone.

(F-Secure R&D)

Superuser

I have the feeling that many people who are not in favor of  the UI change wold be much more positive if the chosen colors were subdued and if transparency could be controlled by the user, presently the colors are too much contrasted, I suggest the devs work on this for the next or second next rls.

Supporter

Thank you very much, Ville :)

Senior Advisor

Running nice and light so far.

Do not mind new color scheme; maybe possibility of choosing alternative skins, this one and the old one? The new scheme may be more relevant to Win 7/WIN 8 as desktop icon and tray icon in particular look much better with these OS's compared to XP.

This TR may be picking up more spyware/adware than previous versions according to my testing. Any confirmation of this?

Highlighted
Supporter

Possibility to choice between old blue look and new black would be very nice. 

Superuser

may I repeat again and again: the white background is too much aggressive, black makes blue text and captions very hard to read, background transparency and/or subdued colors are needed here. good examples are bitdefender or norton which are not "eye aggressive" at all.

F-Secure

@Blackcat Nice catch. The new TP is running a new beta scanning core.

(F-Secure R&D)