FS Protection PC 17.7 releases

F-Secure

FS Protection PC 17.7 releases

Release 17.7 beta 1 (4.20.936):

New features:

• New settings dialog combines AV and common settings. You can open the settings dialog from all the same locations as before. You can always view settings without elevation but to change them you need to elevate. Help is missing for this release and will be added in the future releases.
  • Logout added to main UI. This will log you out from your current account and expire the client. You need to login again to use it. This is intended for use cases where you want to switch to a different account. There are black triangles in the Logout dialogs which is known issue and will be fixed in the next release.
  • Restart prompt now has dropdown to select when to remind again.

Fixed issues:

• LOC: localized "Privacy" word with small mistake ("About" window). (SAFE_BUG-02726, PBL-4998)
  • Network installer didn't resume after sidegrade reboot (PBL-4959)
  • Title is truncated in network installer (PBL-4913)
  • SafeSearch not enabled when Parental Control enabled (PBL-4912)
  • Family rules guide poor translations (PBL-4671)
  • fsdiag does not collect the MSI log files properly (PBL-4660)
  • Help: Differences between 'wording' (term) under Help and under User Interface on current day. (SAFE_BUG-02640, PBL-4417)
39 REPLIES 39
Superuser

Re: FS Protection PC 17.7 releases

Love the new Settings UI, but it's still all very 'white'.  What are the chances of a dark theme?

F-Secure

@Simon we have discussed the dark theme internally, but it looks like it would be quite expensive and not that requested feature so far. So chances are very low.

(F-Secure R&D)

Superuser

That's a shame, but thanks Ville.

Highlighted
Scholar

Version 17.7 beta 1

Have installed this version and it appears to be working fine however it wont allow me to login etc. Despite me following the installation link/with one time password etc;my account states my license has expired.

FS Protection is registered in windows security center and everything else checks out fine. What do I do?

Champion

Smooth upgrade. But I really do not like (user is Administrator) clicking on the top button to enable editing of settings.

Can settings' UI be run as admin by default?

settings.png

F-Secure

@williams001 did you follow the insructions at beta.f-secure.com when joining this program? Also, be aware that if you change your email address in beta.f-secure.com, the fs protection e-mail account will not change, it will be the one that you had when you joined the program. If you did follow the instructions, then there is a bug somewhere, please create a bug report in beta.f-secure.com

@Lord_Ami the settings opens this way so that any user can always see the settings, even if they do not have administrator permissions. Also for users with admin accounts, if you take security seriously, then admin account is separate from your main account and you have to enter credentials every time you elevate, which is quite annoying if you would like to just check settings. We are happy the way it works now and not planning to change it.

(F-Secure R&D)

Scholar

One feature that can be added is that when usb is inserted, it will automatically detect whether it needs to be scanned. My English is not good, use google to translate...

Superuser

@jazzmusic wrote:

One feature that can be added is that when usb is inserted, it will automatically detect whether it needs to be scanned. My English is not good, use google to translate...

F-Secure would detect and block any malicious activity from a USB stick if it should try to activate, therefore, in my opinion, it's not necessary to automatically scan every USB stick when inserted, as this would take some time for, say, a large capacity stick containing just photos . 

F-Secure

Release 17.7 beta 2 (4.20.1236):

Fixed issues:

• "Turn on Browsing protection" should not show when product expired (PBL-5073)

• "Open app" should open "Not yet protected" message after Logout (PBL-5070)

• Settings window does not open from the main UI (PBL-5059)

• Installer: the "Help us improve..." string is wrapped in English on Win 7 (PBL-5050)

• Incorrect button name in Ru localization on the Support tab (PBL-5048)

• Installer: EULT and Handle data links are not clickable in En localization (PBL-5042)

• Setting link is missing from main UI when non-admin and UAC disabled (PBL-5041)

• Settings Window not responding when click the Show license key button (PBL-5038)

• SAFE's banking protection not dropping the banner for a certain customers (PBL-5030)

• Wrong default "skip" action for some malware (PBL-5028)

• ODS hanged at 0% and dialog buttons "Stop" and "Cancel" did not respond. (PBL-5026)

• Out of date registered to Windows AC and try to open the old update settings (PBL-5014)

• The "Open Settings" link from the tray is not localized (PBL-5011)

• Event History Table does not renew after pressing Show All (PBL-4996)

• Clear All Events does not work after pressing Show All (PBL-4995)

• Check for Updates does not work if the Settings window is already opened (PBL-4993)

• [LOC] Missing description and button text in "Subscription info" setting (PBL-4970)

• The "Antivirus" sign is not the same for different operators for the Croatian (PBL-4931)