F-Secure need it's own Firewall

Rusli
Rusli Posts: 1,012 Influencer

F-Secure need it's own Firewall. For both Windows And Mac Antivirus platform. 

Which I find it lacking. Since the release of F-Secure 2013 Internet Security and F-Secure 2014 Internet Security.

That goes the same to F-Secure Mac Antivirus.

I don't like having to rely on Windows and Mac own Integrated Firewall.

By default it's inadequate to fully protect my computer.

I need something better to guard my computer from external threats.

It needs Denial of  Service Attacks, ARP spoofing, Man in the middle Attacks protections!

I need a 2 way Incoming and Outgoing Firewall Protection for my computer.

It does not have any form of protection what so ever in the Windows or Mac Integrated Firewall!!!

Take Note:

---------------

Without that confidence in protecting my computer , many users will switch and purchase other Antivirus Vendors instead of F-Secure.

Comments

• viktik
    viktik Posts: 62 Active Engager
    f secure don't think home users needs a separate firewall. they assume we are behind NAT so we are protected from most attacks. for LAN attacks f secure would prefer using https. i don't know how i will move all the internet data through https. F secure already has firewall for business users. May be they think its not ready for home users.
  • lasserik
    lasserik Posts: 5 New Member

More problem with windows firewall is that one cannot use manual update while roaming,even if f-secures option "update if not home-network" is set to "always". And automatic update is "pausing". What to do?

• CIA_MAN
    CIA_MAN Posts: 27 Observer
    Use Freedome... And you will have something like a Firewall Smiley Wink
  • manvilla
    manvilla Posts: 1 Observer

f-secure need it's own control interface

like bitdefender or norton 's firewall

it's easy to create rule  

• MrParham
    MrParham Posts: 11 New Member

What is F-Secure's answer to this idea?

nothing yet?

• Upendra
    Upendra Posts: 6 Observer

i am confused if  f secure had own firewall in past then why did they removed it while other security suites were adding it. Firewall is most necessary for both home and business users, home users need it also as they don't have AI powered security solution like business users.

• F-User9
    F-User9 Posts: 13 Enthusiast

Lack of a firewall is another reason I will not be renewing F-Secure. Windows Firewall is inadequate, hard to manage, and easy for hackers to get around. F-Secure, please take a hint from Kaspersky, Norton, and BitDefender:  implement a simple firewall within F-Secure SAFE, please. Until then I cannot recommend your product to the average user.

• noleng
    noleng Posts: 1 New Member

I agree 100%. If it wasn't for the fact that F-Secure is included with my internet package from my ISP, I might very well have switched to a product that DOES include a firewall option. And I prefer not to use F-Secure along with Norton firewall, since it is just too many programs fighting for the same goal. Though, it would be a great compliment to my OS if F-Secure had something in the works for consumer level users.👌👌

• FSafe_UserDW
    FSafe_UserDW Posts: 16 Enthusiast

I'm very disappointed that F-Secure Safe still does NOT include a real firewall. Aside from that, I've been mostly happy with Safe, as it is does not annoy me with useless or intrusive popups. I do like that we can now 'ignore' the urgings to install the browser extensions, which I don't like or need (your mileage may vary).

I've been tempted to switch to Kaspersky or another solution that includes a REAL firewall, but I'm not sure I want Russian (Kasperky) or Romanian (BitDefender) software on my PC. I trust Finland (F-Secure) more.

F-Secure's lack of a firewall has forced me to become more proficient in setting up my own rules in Windows so-so Firewall (mostly custom BLOCK rules).

I've tried some free 3rd party firewalls, but most are not so great (for me), or don't play well with F-Secure or other antivirus suites. I did like Glasswire, but think it is overpriced.

For now, I am using the free version of 'VoodooShield' alongside F-Secure Safe. No compatibility issues yet. VoodooShield may not be for everyone, but it provides an additional layer of security by blocking (or asking you to allow yes/no) when any NEW program (that wasn't on your PC before VoodooShield is installed) tries to run. It also compares programs against a known list of known good/bad signatures, I think.

The only catch is that you may deal with some 'false positive' alerts* at first, and you must make sure your computer is "clean" before installing VoodooShield, and some of the settings are not intuitive (but there's a detailed guide that helps, if needed). More info at: voodooshield dot com.

*for example: I use PortableApps often (from portableapps dot com), and VoodooShield often questions those when they run, as most are .exe files and not necessarily mainstream software. But it's easy enough to 'Allow' them when needed.

PS: on YouTube, the popular 'The PC Security Channel' has interesting tests/reviews (mostly positive!) of both F-Secure Safe & VoodooShield versus ransomware.