code not valid for this device

Options
illyich
illyich Posts: 5 New Member
Have been a subscriber to Freedome since practically day one. Never had any problems till now. I have a multiple subscription, 3 machines, and yesterday had to reinstall Freedome on one of these as it froze on me and wouldn't open the window. However when I entered the code I got the message: Not valid for this device. The sub is valid untill September so I cannot see what the problem is. Please expedite your reply as I see that new subscribers to Freedome now have only a 5 day trial instead of 30. Thanx

Comments

• illyich
    Options
    Forgot to mention all 3 machines are Windows and that I purchased the code through cleverbridge. Have just now discovered your reply to a similar problem posted 3 weeks ago.but in that case the solution involved a license transfer which I have not been offered..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi illyich,

Are you using the recent version of Freedome installer to reinstall? This article describes the license transfer functionality we have with Freedome. Please try to download a fresh installer of Freedome from here and retry the installation.

• illyich
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Used your link to download and installed Freedome after first removing the previous trial version. Same result I'm afraid. I now have only 3 days left to get this solved. Having searched further I find that all instances where Freedome asks for a license transfer occur when the error message reads: Could not verify your code. As my message says: Code not valid for this device I'm wondering if something else might be the problem.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi illyich,

This might need further checking with our support team and I have escalated it to them. One of our agents will communicate back to you for further troubleshooting.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info