cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the Killswitch Feature

Highlighted
Scholar

Thanks for the Killswitch Feature

I notice in the latest version of Freedome (2.18.5493.0) you now include a 'Killswitch' option. Thank you so much for this much needed feature.

Just one question - I tried manually turning off my Freedome just by clicking the ON/OFF button on the main panel but my internet remained connected. Is this because Freedome's Killswitch knows I chose to switch it off manually and assumed I wanted a normal connection? If so, I was wondering how I might test it manually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Thanks for the Killswitch Feature

Hi CryptIdiot1,

If the user turns off Freedome, it won’t trigger the Killswitch. Killswitch requires that something odd happens, such as the network blocking Freedome, our server becoming unreachable or something similar.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi CryptIdiot1,

If the user turns off Freedome, it won’t trigger the Killswitch. Killswitch requires that something odd happens, such as the network blocking Freedome, our server becoming unreachable or something similar.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

OK - thanks for clearing that up and it makes sense to do it that way too.

Scholar

So now if freedome crashes my IP and possibly identity will still be exposed.

Is there a way to circumvent this in any way?

PS: but still thanks for the killswitch, I had long been waiting for it.

Community Manager

Hi @Metadata,

It depends on what component of Freedome should crash. In some cases traffic may leak, in others not.