Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with streaming videos

SOLVED
Highlighted
Scholar

Problems with streaming videos

I've recently experienced problems with streaming videos. Not all, but only some.

It turns out that Freedome somehow blocks as the problem does not exist when I turn Freedome off. Change of virtual location does not help.

Example:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2017/03/how-to-buy-store-cut-cauliflower-into-florets.html

Any idea why this is happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Problems with streaming videos

Hi NatV,

Could you try to turn off Tracking protection in Freedome and retry loading the page to play the video? I tried to disable the tracking protection and the video played for me. May be this article can provide more information to you regarding this issue.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
4 REPLIES
Scholar
Community Manager

Hi NatV,

Could you try to turn off Tracking protection in Freedome and retry loading the page to play the video? I tried to disable the tracking protection and the video played for me. May be this article can provide more information to you regarding this issue.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

you're right. Turning off tracking protection makes it possible to stream the videos again. 

It's not a real solution for me though as I don't want to miss that protection, but I also noticed that more and more websites use that tracking via player (and I guess it's the player that does it).

I don't like it but what can be done?

Community Manager

Good to know you are able to stream again, @NatV. True, the sites prevent their usage if their tracking is not enabled.