Falkenstein Location Not working at times

bijucyborg
bijucyborg Posts: 4 Explorer

I use freedome on my phone and at times I have to disable freedome to access Internet again. Initially when I couldn't browse, I thought the problem was with my router, but the moment I disabled freedome the websites were accessible. Not the first time I have observed this.

Is there a status page where customers can see the status of the service?

Are your VPN Gateway configured for high availability??

Comments

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @bijucyborg 

May I know the version of your F-Secure Freedome VPN and on which device are you facing this issue?

Are all devices affected or just one device?

Have you tried to uninstall and re-install Freedome? May I ask you try to change virtual location or disable the Freedome features i.e browsing protection, kill switch... one by one and check again?

• bijucyborg

<i>

May I know the version of your F-Secure Freedome VPN and on which device are you facing this issue?

Are all devices affected or just one device?

</i>

The F secure Freedome VPN version is 2.5.8.8074

<i>

Have you tried to uninstall and re-install Freedome? 

</i>

Havent dont this, will it solve the problem?

<i>

May I ask you try to change virtual location or disable the Freedome features i.e browsing protection, kill switch... one by one and check again? 

</i>

Freedome works most of the time but there are instances where im wondering if the internet is down or if its freedome, and in almost all the cases its Freedome.

Would be nice if Freedome creates a notification if the internet on a virtual location is unavailable due to a technical glitch.

• bijucyborg

So I uninstalled and installed freedome. After a couple of days the issue reoccurs. So I tried some of your suggestions.

1. I switched from falkenstein to Vienna to Espoo. No change pages don't load. So I can now say the location was not the problem.

2. I switch off freedome and internet connection is restored.

3. I switch on freedome and internet still works.

So switching off and on the service seems to help. 

My WiFi is in trusted network as well.

The problem is either with my phone or freedome.

Freedome version: 2.5.9.8170

Android version: 9

Phone: One Plus 3T with oxygen OS 9.0.4

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info