Apple/Mail - error when connecting to the mail server

hanswurst
hanswurst Posts: 57 Observer

Hello,

In 2017 I contacted the Freedome support because of a problem with Apple Mail: I have several mail accounts (about 8, POP3). With Freedome ON I get almost after every mail check the message in mail that there is a problem with the connection, not possible to create a connection for all accounts.

I was in contact with Eric Foong, he send me this message:

Dear Claus,

Logs show that Freedome client is working fine. It is just a coincidence that it look worse after the upgrade. Email client seems to trigger the protection mechanism on the VPN gateway. We plan to test some adjustment on the VPN gateway next week.  Do you have any preferred gateway? Perhaps the Germany virtual location?

Best regards,

Eric Foong

Now, for some time, the problem is back. With Freedome ON not all accounts get build a connection. With Freedome OFF no problems.  Still using the German gateway.

Greetings,

Claus

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @hanswurst 

May I know the version of Freedome running on your Mac machine? Did you try different virtual location instead of German?

Could you also try uninstall the Freedome and restart the machine then re-install again?

• hanswurst

This problem exists for about 2, 3 years. I had contact to e.g. Eric Foong (Senior Technical Support Engineer) or  Andy Yoon Kok Hoong (Technical Support Engineer). Case number 0109XXXX.

I also de- and reinstalled Freedome, and changed the virtual locations (right now the Danish one).

Maybe can you get in contact with Mr. Foong? In April 2017 he  answered

Email client seems to trigger the protection mechanism on the VPN gateway. We plan to test some adjustment on the VPN gateway next week."

He made several changes to the Gateways which had a positive affect. I guess the probem came up again because I added one, two more mail accounts (POP).

Edited PII

• Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @hanswurst 

We have escalated this case for further investigation and we shall be contacting you shortly via email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• hanswurst
    Hello,
    any news about fixing this bug?
    Could you get in contact with Mr. Foong?
    Thank you,
    Claus
  • Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @hanswurst 

Kindly check your email as there is an update on this case from our R&D team. 

Please let us have the outcome to inform us if the issue is solved or not. 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info