virus's imside Aquarius?

Highlighted
Aspirant

virus's imside Aquarius?

everytime I run a scheduled scan yjere are a large number of viruses found. Double clicking the history item reveals they all reside in the fsecure Aquarius folder. they only seem to activate during/after a scan; I have emailed support but after over a week have had no response. Getting really concerned...can anyone please tell me what is happening here?

fsecure aquarius.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate

Re: virus's inside Aquarius?

ok, it's an attachment type that you can't save to disk. It's either a reference, embedded item or an OLE object. Here's a quick fix.

In the code, replace the yellow line from your screenshot with these lines:

On Error Resume Next
    filename = Replace(folderpath, "\", "-") & " " & email.Subject & " - " & attachment.filename
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        filename = Replace(folderpath, "\", "-") & " " & email.Subject & Chr(10) & Chr(10) _
        & "Unhandled Attachment: " & attachment.DisplayName & Chr(10) _
        & "Type: " & attachment.Type
        MsgBox filename, vbExclamation
        Err = 0
        On Error GoTo 0
        Exit Sub
    End If
    On Error GoTo 0

Now hopefully this error won't stop the code anymore, and give you a msgbox about which email the non-file attachment is in so you try investigate in manually if you want. Or simply drag-and-drop the email to windows explorer and scan it.

Note: You can't edit the code while it's running.

54 REPLIES 54
Superuser

Re: virus's imside Aquarius?

Does F-Secure attempt to remove the trojans after a scan?

Aspirant

Most are blocked, some removed...others none? I feel really concerned here! Why are all of these generated within the F-Secure folder suite? What exactly is this "Aquarius"? and could I delete the folder....as you may gather I am not particularly knowlagable in these matters...should I begin to consider wiping my PC? All of this seems to have eminated from viruses found in my PST files that, because of their size I have been unable to isolate which email is responsible. I continue to use the PC-am I in any danger to do so???

Superuser

I think Aquarius is the anti-virus component of F-Secure. I also think you need more expert help than I can give with this, so if you don't get a quick response from someone else here, I would suggest giving Support a nudge.
Advocate

Yes, Aquarius is a database for malware signatures, it's part of the core F-Secure product and receives updates on a daily basis:

http://www.f-secure.com/dbtracker/Aquarius/index.html

Until you get some more help I suggest you do a scan with this free tool:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

I'll get back with instructions on how to check PST files.

Advocate

First I suggest you turn off any preview panes in Outlook. Then read this:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/How-to-find-which-mailbox-is/td-p/30358

Superuser

I'm just wondering what that screenshot actually implies. I doubt that the Aquarius folder itself has been infected. I wonder if those items are a list of the items that Aquarius has quarantined? Is there a similar list in the Quarantined items folder, viewable from the Comouter Security screen?
F-Secure

Firstly, looking at the file paths in the screenshot, this seems to be the problem with F-Secure Internet Security and has nothing to do with Business security solutions. Secondly, I would recommend you to get in touch with our technical support at your earliest convenience.

Advocate

Well maybe a moderator can move this thread to the correct board?

Archbishop, did you attach an FSDIAG file to your previous support request?

If not, submit a new Support Request and attach an FSDIAG file. That will provide the support technicians with vital information and logs from your computer, so they can help you better and faster.

Aspirant

There is never anything in the quarantine folder....that I found strange since many of the reports said "Quarantined"?