harmful file

hi on saturday i found a harmful file a WAX.tmp file with a Gen:variant;symmi infection i sent a sample to f-secure and got this response:

Greetings,

Thank you for your submission.

The submitted file seems to have been damaged/corrupted. In order for us to investigate further and determine if there are presence of malicious applications running on the machine, we would appreciate if you can kindly execute these tools and applications as follows:
1. Execute Autoruns.exe tool. Please remember to enable the "Hide Signed Microsoft Entries" setting. Save the produced log as an .arn file. This tool is available from the following URL:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902
2. Execute MSINFO32.EXE from the Run dialog or use the System Information icon located in the System Tools folder in the Start menu. Export the data to a text file.
3. Execute HijackThis tool. Click on "Do a system scan and save a logfile". This tool is available from the following url:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/files/latest/download
4. F-Secure FSDIAG log:
Kindly perform the steps below in order to generate the FSDIAG log:
a. Click on Start > All Programs > F-Secure.
b. Click on "Support Tool".
c. Follow the on-screen instructions and allow the tool to complete its run.
d. A zip file named FSDIAG.zip will be generated on your Desktop.

Please send all generated log files in a single password-protected ZIP file. Kindly use the password "infected".

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

after i submit the sample i was able to delete the tmp file by clearing my browser, deleting the file through my recycle bin and then doing a system restore since then i've turned my computer on and off multiple times and done several full computer virus scans (as the standard virus scan didn't pick it up) and no harmful files have been found. i've tried to follow the directions above and got to instruction 4 and i can't find support tools anywhere. 

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info