Virgin customer registration for F Security

Aspirant

Virgin customer registration for F Security

I am a virgin customer and was told that I could get 12 months FREE with F Secure.

I was transferred to their site by virgin.

F secure asked me to Login again, but then refused to recognise me.

I keep being told that I must register with them but there is no way to leave the start page to do this.

Can anyone tell me how I can register as the moment I put my Virgin sign in details in, it just says ( Not known ) ?

I have even tried lost password but nothing works.

I have contacted Virgin and F Secure and told them the link does not work but they cannot help.

I need a genius, can anyone help Please??

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Superuser

Re: Virgin customer registration for F Security

I know when you've spent hours on something, things can get a bit blurred, and you can miss the obvious, so forgive me if you've done all this, but you need to login to your Virgin Portal, and from there you should find a link to register on the F-Secure SAFE portal.  The registration link for F-Secure SAFE is https://mysafe.f-secure.com/register, but you need to follow the link from your Virgin Portal to get the free year.

If you're saying you cannot login to your VIrgin Portal (with your Virgin account login details), then I think you may have to contact Virgin as I doubt that there's anything F-Secure could do to help with that.

View solution in original post

Aspirant

Many thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

I have had no sucess and after contacting Virgin yet again, they have admitted that they have a fault somewhere.

I have now given up and bought "Bitdefender"  Total security.

I tried it and it works smoothly so when they offered it to me at half price, only £27 I grabbed their offer.

We have 3 computers so it works out at only £9 a machine. Happy days, we are covered at last but again Thank you all.

38 REPLIES 38
Superuser

Hi there,

You need to register on the F-Secure SAFE portal. If you check out the thread below, it should give you all the information you need:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/How-to-install-F-Secure-SAFE-on/td-p/40711
Aspirant

Thanks, but the moment you go on the page to enter your details, it wont let you sign in using virgin details as it should according to Virgin. I know I have to register with F Secure but there is no page that will let me do it. I have spent hours trying to find a registration page and even been online chat with F Secure. Everyone keeps sending me to the standard page again.

I just want to find something that says new customer register here! 

Superuser

I know when you've spent hours on something, things can get a bit blurred, and you can miss the obvious, so forgive me if you've done all this, but you need to login to your Virgin Portal, and from there you should find a link to register on the F-Secure SAFE portal.  The registration link for F-Secure SAFE is https://mysafe.f-secure.com/register, but you need to follow the link from your Virgin Portal to get the free year.

If you're saying you cannot login to your VIrgin Portal (with your Virgin account login details), then I think you may have to contact Virgin as I doubt that there's anything F-Secure could do to help with that.

Advocate

If you haven't already found the link from Virgin Media to F-Secure SAFE, check here:

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/security/overview.html

Advocate

From a similar issue at Virgin Media Community "How to Register with F-Secure":

If when you sign into My VM your user details aren't being recognise when trying to register, then please check that firstly you have signed in with your primary email address.

You can find additional information on the registration process here, however if you are still experiencing problems with the registration not recognising your details then this will need to be investigated by Virgin rather than F-secure and I would ask you to please call us.

Aspirant

Many thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

I have had no sucess and after contacting Virgin yet again, they have admitted that they have a fault somewhere.

I have now given up and bought "Bitdefender"  Total security.

I tried it and it works smoothly so when they offered it to me at half price, only £27 I grabbed their offer.

We have 3 computers so it works out at only £9 a machine. Happy days, we are covered at last but again Thank you all.

dik
Scholar

I cannot get any sense from either Virgin or F-Secure, this transition is not working.

So I have decided to look elsewhere for a security package, However " I expect a rebate on my

Richard Branson Virgin Account " , because security is part of my package. I suggest other

unhappy Virgin customers should ask for a rebate and tell Mr.. Branson 12 months free F-secure

is a con, should we customer pay for this nonsense ?.

Superuser

Hi Dik,

What is the exact problem, and what have you tried?  We have usually managed to get F-Secure installed for people by asking them to follow the steps below:

1.  If you're coming from Virgin Media, you need to read this thread on how to remove VMS. It will contain the link to the Virgin Media Removal Tool which you should run before installing F-Secure.

2.  You should also make sure that you have fully removed all other 'active', ie 'real time' anti-virus products from your machine, other than those which are certified compatible, such as Malwarebytes.. This list of Uninstallation Tools may help.

3.  Check Windows Updates, and install any pending updates, as these have been known to stall an F-Secure installation.

4.  If none of the above apply, then try using the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to fully remove the damaged installation, and start again.

If you could come back to us with more details of the issue you're having, hopefully we will be able to help you further.

Aspirant

Re your reply to DIK, we all have the same problem, the link does not work!

We uninstalled all security and checked Windows updates. We tried all suggestions but to no avail.We then contacted Virgin who could not help. So we have bought Bit defender which works great and like DIK will be asking Virgin for a refund.