Updating to 2012

I have an older Version of F-secure (Shaw Secure 9.01 build 105), which is no longer supported by my ISP. It now seems to be giving me issues. Such as not allowing programs to appear in my taskbar, does not allow IE to connect (but FF has no problems) and at times it freezes installs.

So, 2 questions.

1) Can I uodate to 2012 with my valid Subscription Key?

2) If not, does F-Secure Uninstall have a repair function. In other words, can I "repair" my current edition.

Cause other than the above headaches, it works fine. Updates, scans, etc.

Any an all help is appreciated. Thank You

Comments

• nayan007
    nayan007 Posts: 41 Observer

No it is not possible to upgrade to 2012 with the same subscription key.

• OK. But, how come when I read the donload/install instructions it says:

"If you have a new subscription key, type it in when requested.
    Note: If you are installing over an existing subscription, you may not be asked for your new key. No new subscription key is needed to upgrade to the 2012 version."

Just curious....

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi YashBlade,

1.) No. Because your current subscription key is for Shaw Secure not F-Secure Internet Security.

2.) "If you have a new subscription key, type it in when requested.
    Note: If you are installing over an existing subscription, you may not be asked for your new key. No new subscription key is needed to upgrade to the 2012 version."

- The above statement only applied if your existing subscription key is for F-Secure Internet Security 2011 or 2010.

The subscription key provided by your ISP would not work with our retail version of F-Secure Internet Security.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Ahhh. K, now I understand. So, guess my ISP left me high and dry. But, Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info