Re: Tasks of the f-secure modules

Hello,

•Capricorn
•Virgo
•Hydra
•Lynx

•Deepguard

•Online Safety

In general, it is Browsing protection module (and, maybe, Parental control functionality). More often it is about F-Secure Browsing Protection browser addon / extension changes.

Possible to read Knowledgebase article about "F-Secure Browsing Protection" (extension / addon):

•Ultralight Core

Most likely, it is design itself. Its main "core". Ultralight design that was introduced and integrated to current F-Secure solutions. Main things and abilities.

Ultralight's core are light-weight, cloud-based design and performance improvements.

•Ultralight Updater

I think it is "updater".

•Universal System Scanner

Technology for scanning abilities. For example, how it should handle certain cases, works with certain items. And, furthermore, ability to use multi-engine scanning design.

What is your concern? It is just for information?

Good if there will be any official replies from F-Secure Teams.

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). And I do not able to explain exact tasks of each module more than generic view (only unofficial feelings).

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser

Hello,

•Capricorn
•Virgo
•Hydra
•Lynx

•Deepguard

•Online Safety

In general, it is Browsing protection module (and, maybe, Parental control functionality). More often it is about F-Secure Browsing Protection browser addon / extension changes.

Possible to read Knowledgebase article about "F-Secure Browsing Protection" (extension / addon):

•Ultralight Core

Most likely, it is design itself. Its main "core". Ultralight design that was introduced and integrated to current F-Secure solutions. Main things and abilities.

Ultralight's core are light-weight, cloud-based design and performance improvements.

•Ultralight Updater

I think it is "updater".

•Universal System Scanner

Technology for scanning abilities. For example, how it should handle certain cases, works with certain items. And, furthermore, ability to use multi-engine scanning design.

What is your concern? It is just for information?

Good if there will be any official replies from F-Secure Teams.

I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions). And I do not able to explain exact tasks of each module more than generic view (only unofficial feelings).

Thanks!

Aspirant

Just for information. Thanks a lot!

Aspirant

Superuser

@vmac wrote:
•Deepguard

This PDF isn't available anymore.

Should be still available (at least, I do able to downloat it right from this URL).

But quoted words with "space" after URL. Maybe it is a reason for your experience.

This URL should be valid:

https://www.f-secure.com/documents/996508/1030745/deepguard_whitepaper.pdf

But if not - possible to find this .pdf there: