Since 26 hours no more updates

Scholar

Since 26 hours no more updates

What is going on there?

There have been no updates for 26 hours.
This is not good for an antivirus program and I do not know that from others either.

That was already a few weeks ago.
Do I have to look for another antivirus program?

30 REPLIES 30
Aspirant

Re: Since 26 hours no more updates

"What is going on there?"

Or rather what's NOT going on here? 

This hat been a problem since they changed from Aquarius to Capricorn: No updates in weekends, and every other days, fewer. Perhaps, we simply should stop paying, and only use Windows Defender, AVG Free or Avast! Free? (Some irony may be used here.......)

Scholar

Yeap, no updates since a day and half... not good. They must a poor control system on their servers. Which is, for a security company, not promising Smiley Wink
Aspirant

And doing the usual things:

Resetting F-Secure's update: Don't help.

Reinstalling F-Secure: Don't help.

So.... The "F" means: FIX-Secure!!

Hey,

If the product hasn't been warning you about too old virus definitions, there is most likely no reason for panic. Not all channels update or need to update on daily basis. 

Scholar

That should be a joke?

Then i can not recommend F-Secure to anyone.

An antivirus program that is not updated several times a day is NOT SAFE for me.

F-Secure has been uninstalled here. I will look for another provider.

It would be fairly nice to get an official response and maybe a knowledge base article on what one should expect.

Aspirant

From Aquarius to Capricorn, that was the time when it went wrong, as I wrote earlier... Before, there allways was updates on weekends, when F-Secure was using Aquarius-updates. Now, with Capricorn, no updates in weekends.

Aspirant

When uninstalling F-Secure, the computer don't ask for a restart. Do it anyway, so you are sure, Windows Defender is running correctly.

Scholar

@MNielsen wrote:

From Aquarius to Capricorn, that was the time when it went wrong, as I wrote earlier... Before, there allways was updates on weekends, when F-Secure was using Aquarius-updates. Now, with Capricorn, no updates in weekends.

Avira definitions (Capricorn) are also released on weekends, there is no reason to stop weekends, malware authors don't :)