Since 26 hours no more updates

Aspirant

Re: Since 26 hours no more updates

But that is, what I have experienced, they do. And when monday comes, updatings are starting again. And the server isn't down, have just tested that on the site "isitdown"

Updating.JPG

Scholar

@MNielsen wrote:

But that is, what I have experienced, they do. And when monday comes, updatings are starting again. And the server isn't down, have just tested that on the site "isitdown"

Lets hope that they are connected to the Avira cloud infrastructure...
Aspirant

I don't think, they are connected anywhere.......

I downloaded the resetting-tool, for tesetting the updater. Rightclicked on it, Clicked on Run as administrator, and in the opened commandprompt, pressed "Y" for Yes. The updater was resetted, but of course, it didn't help!

Aspirant

Now, at last, there was an update for Capricorn!!!!!!!

Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

Due to an internal configuration issue, customers may have not received new Capricorn updates between 29th March 2019 1259hrs UTC and 1st April 2019 0440hrs UTC.

Although during this interval, the product reported 'Capricorn 2019-03-29_02' as the latest installed update, customers with Security Cloud enabled (default configuration) continued to receive immediate protection against the latest threats.

This issue was resolved when the 'Capricorn 2019-03-31_03' database update was made available at 0440hrs UTC on 1st April 2019.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

It's working - for now. Hopes, there's also updates in the weekends...

As you see in the screenshot, I now got updates again:

working updates.JPG 

It only LOOKS like, I got updates also yesterday. But this was only because I tried to reset the updater by using the resetting-tool...

Where, to do this: "Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know." I can't see anywhere, or is it only the original poster, who can do that?

Community Manager

Hi @MNielsen ,

Thank you for confirming it is working!

Are you mentioning about accepting the solution for this thread? If that's the case, then yes, the original poster or the Community Moderators can only accept it as a solution.

If you are asking about adding your signature like that, you can do so via: Click your profile icon on the top > Click 'My Settings' > Under 'Personal' > Under 'Personal Information' > Signature.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

It was the first one: "Are you mentioning about accepting the solution for this thread?"

And please remember to keep the updates running also in the weekends!! Otherwice, we simply could find an AVG Free, or Avast Free! Smiley Happy 

But are you actually  testing an "F-Secure Free"-version, and accidentally configured the updating-servers to only that? :-D 

Aspirant

Now, AGAIN-AGAIN!!! No updates! When do you fix it? Remember, we are paying for this.

no updates.JPG

Highlighted
Superuser

@MNielsen wrote:

Now, AGAIN-AGAIN!!! No updates! When do you fix it? Remember, we are paying for this.

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

And, although, I feel that trouble with receiving updates is critical - I am not sure that it is too much critical with current design.

My own experience is about beta F-Secure SAFE (fs protection) - and each time there were updates on weekengs. Thus, sounds that there is a trouble as "bug" for a stable build (but based on replies - it was tuned up; and furthermore - https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/What-s-New-in-F-Secure-SAFE-for/ta-p/114566 with remark about "Improved reliability for engine updates" :: Released as 17.6 [April] - so, does your experience is about 17.6 release or about 17.5 yet?!).

Just because the weekend is just beginning - maybe updates are not published yet. For example, my beta installation also about such state as your screenshot (for except, beta updates for Hydra). But if (then) current weekends became with trouble as before - maybe... good to contact their Support directly (for sure) - https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support.

My own feelings are:

-- with previous engine there was also "reduced" count of updates on weekends.

thus, it is not pinned to Capricorn engine (it should be with updates on weekends too). And, usually, it is less often than on working days.

--  for example, Capricorn engine is mainly "signature"-based engine. At least, with its daily updates. But most powerful point of such engine is ability to be "advanced" and "extended" engine rather than classical signature-based core.

Thus, each updates brings detection (signature-based) against well-known malicious or harmful item. Or an improvement for advanced detection by this engine. In general, it is against ALREADY known malware. It is always good to create too powerful signature with as small size as possible. Or even to create generic signatures against a lot of known malware per one signature. Thus, less often updates (compared to previous engine) is not always a trigger for less protection. Although, I feel that current detection rate with a little be less count (but with much better situation about false positives; reduced count). And, by the way, there a lot of testing organizations and labs where current engine with good points (by its results).

-- As it was suggested by Community Manager: even with delay for signature-based engine updates -> F-Secure Security Cloud should be always up-to-date.

Possible to read more about such layer (and about DeepGuard as good technology):

I feel that "already known" malware should be blocked by DeepGuard (based on Security Cloud knowledgebase) even if signature update is not published yet.

// one addition, it is always an option to use "Free" AV solutions - but, usually, their Terms (Privacy / EULA) for this kind of solution can be tricky for user as a result.

Thanks!