Samsung S3 freezes on Samsung logo & then keeps rebooting

Superuser

Re: Samsung S3 freezes on Samsung logo & then keeps rebooting

I'll be surprised if you get a response before Monday, but it will be interesting to hear what they say. :)
Aspirant

7:37 PM  Connecting...
7:37 PM  Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
7:58 PM  Technician Console has ended the session.

Well I waited & waited for over 20 minutes but nothing!
It's better to make one journey than read a thousand books.
Superuser

Brilliant!  Smiley Mad  Might be best just to raise a support ticket.  We don't know what's going on with the Chat service - it's been hit and miss for a while (more miss than hit lately).  Smiley Sad

Senior Advisor

Must admit IME, CHAT support has definitely gone south the past few weeks Smiley Embarassed

@Brillo;since you have raised a ticket and obtained a SRID I will pm one of the F-Secure mods here to see what the holdup is?

Aspirant

Received a reply today. By hard reset I guess it's factory reset wiping everything off. At the moment I turn the phone on & leave it. It then re-boots after a couple of minutes & then is normal. Man Frustrated

With regards to your enquiry, after uninstall & reinstall F-Secure if you
still having same issue then you might have to do hard reset of you phone
to complete F-Secure installation.

Technical Support Engineer
F-Secure Corporation

Superuser

Surely you shouldn't have to wipe all your data just to install F-Secure?  That seems a rather drastic step.  I wonder if they mean a 'forced reboot', which I believe you can do by holding the Power button down for about 10 seconds.  That shouldn't cause a factory reset, but make sure you've backed up your data anyway. 

As I said before, I'm not familiar with Android, not having used it since the original HTC Desire, but I believe the above would be the same as removing and replacing the battery, should the phone 'freeze', as mine frequently did!

Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi Simon, That's the other  way to solve the problem by holding the on/off button down for longer. This solves the problem too like waiting. But I would have to hold it down every time after it freezes. It's the same as waiting. I need to see if anyone else gets the same problem with an S3 too...Cheers

Superuser

I can't recall if you said which version of Android you're using, but it seems there's a compatibility issue with the latest update. Could this be anything to do with your problem?

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/Hi-and-how-from-F-Secure-Safe-to/td-p/35107/page/2
Aspirant

Hi Simon. The Android version is 4.1.2

F-Secure version 8.3.137232

Scanner build 5.6.7361

automatic updates are on. Latest check 28 Nov 2013.

Cheers...Brillo

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Brillo, I tested this with similar device and was not able to reproduce. Do you have external SD card? If you do, please test if this also occurs when it is not inserted in the device.

Best Regards

-Jake
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.