ProxyBack

Novice

ProxyBack

Hi,

Wonder if anyone knows whether the FS family of tools currently (Dec 2015) is able to detect and handle that (apparently Russian-built) "ProxyBack" malware thta Palo Alto Networks reports about on their website ( "http://researchcenter.paloaltonetworks.com/2015/12/proxyback-malware-turns-user-systems-into-proxies... ?

The sw I am (test-)running is F-Secure SAFE 16.1, Antivirus 14.150 build 101

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: ProxyBack

Hi dinoman,

Welcome to our F-Secure Community! I checked with our labs regarding this malware, and the good news is; we already detect those samples which are seen in the website you shared.  We have several generic detections for this malware samples.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: ProxyBack

Hi dinoman,

Welcome to our F-Secure Community! I checked with our labs regarding this malware, and the good news is; we already detect those samples which are seen in the website you shared.  We have several generic detections for this malware samples.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.