Problem with real-time scanning

Aspirant

Re: Problem with real-time scanning

just up dated to yosemite on mac now real time scanning not working any ideas

Scholar

Same problem here- The rotten apple again... any solution out there, or should I just move back to windows?

Aspirant

uninstall f-secure then re-install and it all works

richard10

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

This post sums up the current solutions available.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

thanks all sorted

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

A fix is now in place so that the problem shouldn't occur anymore.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Solved
Aspirant

We are in the same boat, the recommended solution of mkdir: /usr/local/f-secure/fssp/var/update/ does not fix the issue. The F-Secure client still shows as unregistered.

I've proven this by creating this folder after the Yosemite upgrade with the above terminal command.

I am in an organization that has hundreds of client machines to upgrade so I would need something thats automated or just works from F-Secure themselves. Please advise
Highlighted
F-Secure

Hi,

the latest F-Secure products should all support Yosemite. If you're still having problems, please contact support through this form: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/support-request - attach the output of Support Tool so that we can diagnose the problem. Your description of the problem "client still shows as unregistered" suggests that this may be a different issue from the real-time scanning problems related to Yosemite upgrades.