cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poweliks Gen 4 Virus

SOLVED
Novice

Poweliks Gen 4 Virus

Detected by F-Secure and said removed but this Virus is in the start up and is a loop. 3,000 messages so far about F-Secure removing this virus but it keeps reappearing over and over again. I have to minimize the f-secure message because its constant. How do I get rid of this Virus and message permanently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Poweliks Gen 4 Virus

Hi,

Did trying @moe120 suggestion help?

Otherwise it sounds like some unwanted program isn't removed. Have you had a look in your controlpanel, and checked if there is any programs that could be removed?

If this still doesn't work, I would recommend contacting our anti virus department via submit-a-sample where you can select that they can contact you. For them to be able to help, please provide a sample of the file that keeps getting removed, so they can instruct you how to remove it.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
2 REPLIES
Aspirant

In this case i would recommend building yourself a rescue-stick (https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/rescue-cd), boot from this and remove the infection. 

You could also try (depending on your OS version) booting to safe-mode with networking and see if you can launch f-secure or at least the web-based online scanner from there. If this fails > go for the F-Secure rescue-stick.

Hi,

Did trying @moe120 suggestion help?

Otherwise it sounds like some unwanted program isn't removed. Have you had a look in your controlpanel, and checked if there is any programs that could be removed?

If this still doesn't work, I would recommend contacting our anti virus department via submit-a-sample where you can select that they can contact you. For them to be able to help, please provide a sample of the file that keeps getting removed, so they can instruct you how to remove it.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.