Firewall

Highlighted
Scholar

Firewall

Hello,

I am new with f-secure and i see that it uses windows firewall.

I would like to know if i can use another firewal (comodo or else) or if windows firewall is the only one that can be used with f-secure internet security.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Firewall

Hi molomolo,

It is not recommended to have 2 firewalls running at the same time like what Rusli suggested. Please read this article for more details of new F-Secure firewall functionality in F-Secure Internet Security 2013.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
3 REPLIES 3
Senior Advisor

Hi

If you are using just the F-Secure Antivirus. You can use other firewall such as Comodo.

But if you are using the F-Secure Internet Security 2013. I'm afraid you can't. Because of Deep Guard is controlling the Windows Firewall protection layering.

Senior Advisor

Hi molomolo,

Well, to say plainly, what Internet Security 2013 does is, that it adds its own details to Windows Firewall...

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi molomolo,

It is not recommended to have 2 firewalls running at the same time like what Rusli suggested. Please read this article for more details of new F-Secure firewall functionality in F-Secure Internet Security 2013.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.