cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure SAFE for Mac scored very bad results on AV-TEST

SOLVED
Aspirant

F-Secure SAFE for Mac scored very bad results on AV-TEST

Is there a statement from F-Secure regarding the bad results on AV-TEST?

https://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/strong-protection-for-macos-sierra-12-packages-put-...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Betreff: F-Secure SAFE for Mac scored very bad results on AV-TEST

Hi s_rosenthaler,

I brought this to the attention of our FSAV for Mac team. Please find their statement below:

Apparently in the previous tests of AV-Test, they had used a beta version of our product which had ORSP engine enabled in on-demand scanning by default. However, the production version has ORSP disabled by default for on-demand scanning, and therefore many of the samples were not detected. ORSP is still on by default when on-access scanning happens, but unfortunately in the AV-TEST (and many other tests too) they simply run the command line scanner on a collection of sample files.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
4 REPLIES
Aspirant

Is there a statement?

Community Manager

Hi s_rosenthaler,

I brought this to the attention of our FSAV for Mac team. Please find their statement below:

Apparently in the previous tests of AV-Test, they had used a beta version of our product which had ORSP engine enabled in on-demand scanning by default. However, the production version has ORSP disabled by default for on-demand scanning, and therefore many of the samples were not detected. ORSP is still on by default when on-access scanning happens, but unfortunately in the AV-TEST (and many other tests too) they simply run the command line scanner on a collection of sample files.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Was this issue related to AV-Test and AV-Comparatives because this was not at all mentioned in their test report. Normally when they publish the results they do mention specific issues like this if any?

I am new to F-Secure, but can you tell me more about this OSRP engine?

Thanks.

Community Manager

You can know more about ORSP as mentioned in this Community post, @Pankaj1.