F-Secure Internet Security 2015 and harmful e-mail attachments in Windows 10 Maill app

FormerMember
Not applicable

F-Secure Internet Security 2015 and harmful e-mail attachments in Windows 10 Maill app

Hey!

I have F-Secure Internet Security 2015, and in its settings  "Remove harmful e-mail attachments" checked.

Does it work with the Mail app that comes preinstalled with Windows 10, are the attachments automatically scanned/removed in the e-mails i receive with the aforementioned app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: F-Secure Internet Security 2015 and harmful e-mail attachments in Windows 10 Maill app

Hi Gary,

Apologies for the late reply. Currently the harmful attachment filtering is not fully compatible with Windows 10 mail app.

Then again, the feature anyway supports only non-encrypted POP3/SMTP e-mail accounts.

Best Regards,
Jouni

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: F-Secure Internet Security 2015 and harmful e-mail attachments in Windows 10 Maill app

Hi GaryB00zey,

Thats an interesting question! Let me check with our Experts and get back to you on this.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
FormerMember
Not applicable

Yeah, i was just wondering because the Mail app isn't really a full fledged mail client like Microsoft Outlook for example (in which i have seen the FS protection in action, cleaning attachments).. previously at home i just used webmail so i never had use for the feature before, but since i installed Windows 10 i switched on to the Mail app.

Highlighted
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Gary,

Apologies for the late reply. Currently the harmful attachment filtering is not fully compatible with Windows 10 mail app.

Then again, the feature anyway supports only non-encrypted POP3/SMTP e-mail accounts.

Best Regards,
Jouni

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post