F-Secure 2012 Deepguard blocking MS programs

Community Manager

Re: F-Secure 2012 Deepguard blocking MS programs

Hello,

We are currently working with high priority on the issue.

Until it is resolved, please disable DeepGuards advanced process monitoring.

Your MS Office applications will start again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Stephan

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

will this problem be fixed automaticly (by updating fsecure after ure fix is done) or do we have to do something manully?

thx

Community Manager

Hi oversiZZed,

We are aiming towards a fix that requires no user action.

However it is a bit too early to tell for sure.

I'll post here once I have more information.

Best regards,

Stephan

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

24h looking for the problem... until I found it was from Deepguard, not Office... Unistalling Office, restoring system... Smiley Frustrated

Please, when you find some trouble like this send quick a post to all the users!!!

Thanks.

Aspirant

me too.

at first I was reading in the office support. then I reconized, my laptop do not have installed the last microsoft-updates.

after this, I know, whos fault.

disabling the advance monitoring setting from deepguard... and it works.

regards

4x Win 7 64bit -1x Win XP 32bit Service Pack 3 - Ich generiere keine FSDIAG! Ihr seid da zu neugierig
Highlighted
Scholar

Hi chess,

It is nice to know that you have found solution of your problem by ownself

God never made his work for man to mend
Community Manager

Hello,

Please note Ondrejs post:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Protection/Internet-Security-incompatibility-with-some-Microsoft-Of...

Best regards,

Stephan

Aspirant

interesting:

Q U O T E : 

Most of our customers are unaffected, for those unfortunate few that are experiencing related problems a quick and simple workaround is to disable “Advanced Process Monitoring” from the products user interface.

U N Q U O T E :

we are all affected! most of our pc using win 7 64 bit. in my opinion, there is no reason to sent a fdiag, because there is no different using it with a or b. i even do not see relationships between the windows/office updates....

crazy.

but no security software should do like this...

sorry my opinion.

4x Win 7 64bit -1x Win XP 32bit Service Pack 3 - Ich generiere keine FSDIAG! Ihr seid da zu neugierig
Aspirant

i have to really figuer out very high, what is the problem.

please tell me, what is M$S doing...

Novice

Hi!

My customer had (and to some extent still has) the same problem. Had to find a quick workaround for the customer, who was getting jumpy. Checked the path info of the icon of each Office 2010 program and noticed that the user profile name of each path had been changed to "Public". Created new icons for every Office program and when starting each program I went in the opening window to "Compatibility check". That gave just one alternative: Windows XP 32-bit. That option was chosen  and the program opening command opened on the screen a window asking whether the user wants to continue. Answering YES opens the program and it works normally. All this without touching Deep Guard settings. OS is W7 64-bit.

Have to admit that we are desperately waiting for a fix from F-Secure!