Dharma Ransomware

Scholar

Dharma Ransomware

Hi, my pc have been infected with a dharma ransomware. Despite that i have installed fsecure SAFE, all my files have been encrypted adding a ".bip" extension. Have F-Secure any decryptor tool  to get my files back???  Does anybody knows if i can restore my files. I don't have any backup because my external disk was connected at the time the ransomware enter to my pc, and all my backup are infected too.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Dharma Ransomware

Hi Galo,

We have the detection for the latest versions of Dharma ransomware. So, the ransomware should have been blocked by our products at the initial execution.

It is not possible to decrypt the files once it has been encrypted by the ransomware. The only course of action we can recommend is to restore the affected files from a clean backup. Please find more information about it here.

However, since you mention that the ransomware is not blocked, You can submit the potential sample files and also send the diagnostic report from the affected machine for troubleshooting here.  What we can do is, perform an analysis of the malware to ensure that your F-Secure product can protect against any future contact with it.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

sky has a decrypting tool for Dharma Ransomware .. try it .. here is the link:

http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/VirusUtilities/EN/rakhnidecryptor.zip

Scholar

i already tried that, i got "unsupported encrypted file" message. Thks.