Customer Support experience - How bad it can be?

I came a cross a situation where my F-Secure TOTAL purchase documents for 7 devices contained instructions / description about the experience that didn't match the real life. In part of the process I was asked about the experience and I chose to answer. My response to the open txt feedback for and to the question "what I would like to share about my experience" was the following:

---

1. Tried to find help - didn't find
2. Tried to call support - quit after 20 mins in the queue
3. Tried to get my thing resolved through online chat - got kicked off from the chat because "there wasn't any agents available"

--> got completely pissed off. I just wasted tens of minutes trying to resolve issues I shouldn't have to begin with. Then I saw the trouble to describe my issue in the chat form accurately and precisely. Now it's gone because you kicked me off from the chat.

I mean WTF? F-Secure. Can you make this experience any worse? Actually - yes you can. While I have the opportunity to re-size this feedback window I can re-size it, but now I see only about 50% of the text I've written (width) and experience an annoying jumps while typing. I would give a F- for this experience. I expected a lot more from you.

---

Actually my experience wasn't in the rock bottom even at this point. It wasn't approved because it was over 500 char (something I wasn't notified in advance).

I'm really confused at this point. F-Secure has been one of the "star" companies in my books. This experience I got while trying to do business with today it is from hell.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Rehtori,

Could you please share with us the issue you are facing with TOTAL? This would help us to assist you further regarding that issue. You can also find related knowledge base articles here about TOTAL.

Regarding the re-sizing and character maximum limit, are you facing this with our Community post? Or was it with the chat window when contacting our chat support?

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but please share with us your query so that we can provide further information.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

Just as my own feedback. Met maybe such troubles with chat (on current day) too.

home_global Chat was with available status -> so tried to start it. This try briefly switched to 'no available support agents'. And chat is closed. Re-try with related result (or on-going loading). Decided to re-try it.

Refresh page and then chat was with unavailable status some minutes and start available else one time (and so on).

One time (basically -> two times with different tabs?! eventually) it was with 'loading'-state (practically hour - or so). Then I close browser -> re-open browser -> try to start chat - 'no available support agents'.

Refresh page and chat is unavailable. :)

I also able to suspect that long 'on-going' loading (as try to connect to Support Agent) and not switch to 'close'-state was a mistake. Maybe based on some local browser's cache points. So -> it was possible to see 'loading circle' about hour and maybe it was not valid 'state'.

Sorry for feedback.

Thanks!

• Ukko

Ukko wrote:

Hello,

Just as my own feedback. Met maybe such troubles with chat (on current day) too.

home_global Chat was with available status -> so tried to start it. This try briefly switched to 'no available support agents'. And chat is closed. Re-try with related result (or on-going loading). Decided to re-try it.

Refresh page and then chat was with unavailable status some minutes and start available else one time (and so on).

One time (basically -> two times with different tabs?! eventually) it was with 'loading'-state (practically hour - or so). Then I close browser -> re-open browser -> try to start chat - 'no available support agents'.

Refresh page and chat is unavailable. :)

I also able to suspect that long 'on-going' loading (as try to connect to Support Agent) and not switch to 'close'-state was a mistake. Maybe based on some local browser's cache points. So -> it was possible to see 'loading circle' about hour and maybe it was not valid 'state'. 

Sorry for feedback.

Thanks!

Today noted concern is valid too. Except that my tries was limited to two/three ones. With view like: "chat is available -> fill the forms -> loading circle to start chat -> after some minutes switch to 'canceled'-status of chat based on unavailable Support Agents" --> "refresh page -> chat is unavailable" --> "re-check after some minutes/time -> chat is available -> fill the forms -> loading circle to start chat -> after some minutes switch to 'canceled'-status of chat based on unavailable Support Agents" -- "refresh page -> chat is unavailable".

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Ukko,

In the chat support, the support persons who are on chat have some slots for accepting the chat from the customers. When the slots are still empty and not picked up by any customers, the chat support is shown as available. If the slots get picked up by the customers, the agent is shown as unavailable.

In your case, the chat support person would have had an empty slot and when it gets picked up by any other customer before you fill the form, the chat support page is shown as cancelled/unavailable support agents when you submit the form.

I understand the trouble but this is mainly to avoid the time in queue as you can directly connect to a chat when it is available and you also know if there is an available chat or not.

I have also passed on your feedback to our support team.

• Ukko

Hello,

Funny to say - but just fifteen (or so) minutes before your reply -> I got the perfect Support experience with chat. :)

Possible to transfer this good feedback concern too.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info