Browsing protection Chrome extension missing from Chrome Web Store

It seems that the Browsing protection Chrome extension has gone missing from the Chrome Web Store.

I recently installed SAFE on a mid-2014 MacBook Pro running OS X El Capitan 10.11.4. SAFE constantly nags me about the browser extension not being installed, but when I click the notification and the Web Store opens in Chrome, the extension is not found.

Comments

• Chameni
    Chameni Posts: 234 F-Secure Employee
    Hi Japsu,

Welcome to our F-Secure Community.

Sorry to know about this issue, I have sent you a private message related to this. Please check and revert back to us regarding this case.

Thank you and have a nice day!
  • JonnaK
    JonnaK Posts: 2 New Member

Hi!

Same problem still going on with version 1.0.741:

El Capitan (10.11.1) unable to enable the Chrome extension, not after Chrome update nor re-installing,

Yosemite (10.5.5) going strong with mere update.

Would you please add the extension to Chrome Web Store :)

BR, JonnaK

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi JonnaK,

Is the one installed on El Capitan the recent version of our product?

• JonnaK
    JonnaK Posts: 2 New Member
    Mm..yes and no: they both (El Capitan and Yosemite) are included in an Elisa Sec family package, offering originally your recent version (tried that first, not allowed and askel for help).

However, I then found a direct link to a more recent extensiom version in Chrome web store (above in the discussion). For a while extensiom seemed to have been updated and compatible with Chrome but then, in less than an hour, yellow alert appeared again Smiley Sad
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi JonnaK,

Could you please try to install the browser extension from your product itself? Under Preferences, go to Browsing Protection and click Install Browser Extension. Choose Google Chrome and proceed to install the extension.

If you still cannot install the extension, I would advise you to contact your ISP Elisa about this issue.

• KariJuhani
    KariJuhani Posts: 3 New Member
    No point telling Elisa anything. They Just don't get it. Still selling this package, and it wont work. You can only installaatio it from Chromen Web store.

• Maysey
    Maysey Posts: 2 New Member

I think it went missing again because it won't allow me to install the extension.  Please add back to the chrome store as I like using Chrome.

• Maysey
    Maysey Posts: 2 New Member

It's not there as I can not add the extension to Chrome.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info