Banking Protection issues

Hello forum,

I'm having a problem with the Banking Protection feature.

First, I'm on Windows 8. I mainly use the Iron browser (Chrome based) and, rarely, the IE 10.

When I try to login my bank on Iron, I get this error message:

"Certificate-based authentication failed
This server requires a certificate for authentication, and didn't accept the one sent by the browser. Your certificate may have expired, or the server may not trust its issuer. You can try again with a different certificate, if you have one, or you may have to obtain a valid certificate from elsewhere.
Error 117 (net::ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT): Bad SSL client authentication certificate."

And when I try to login my bank on IE 10, I get this error:

"This page can't be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://...com is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes."

Needless to say, by disabling the Banking Protection (flyer at the top of browser) everything is back to normal.

Is there any workaround to solve this, without losing the protection for my online transactions?

Thanks

Comments

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer

post your bank's website link

• macstorm
    macstorm Posts: 43 Explorer

http://www.bbvacontinental.com/  "Banca por Internet" on the left side menu.

• macstorm

Anyone? 

• macstorm

I was contacted by Ivan, a chat support representative.

They'll need to collect some logs from my computer so my issue can be investigated further...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi macstorm,

With regards to your problem, we are glad that Ivan is helping you out with the issue. Kindly do let us know if you need further support.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• macstorm

Hi Jagadesan,

Thank you.

I have received an update from tech-support saying they have found the root cause of my issue and that it has been escalated to the relevant team for a proper fix soon Smiley Happy

• leaf
    leaf Posts: 3

I am having this same issue with www.dcu.org.  Windows 8, Chrome, ERR_BAD_SSL_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT error if I leave Banking Protection on.  If I hit End on Banking Protection, I still can't sign in, I just get an error from my bank instead of an error from Chrome.  And once I managed to get my bank website to come up without Banking Protection coming on at all, and then I was able to sign in.  I'm not sure how I managed to do that!

What solved this for the original poster?  Sounds like someone from F-Secure fixed the problem, or provided steps to fix it, but what were those steps?

• leaf

Somehow this got posted twice.  Sorry!

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

Hi leaf

and welcome to the Forum. You could try;

1. As macstorm did in this thread you could start with an online Chat with an F-Secure expert.

2. Contact support here and give them "fsdiag" http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

Although it looks like F-Secure are setting up a new Forum page so the above link does not work at present!

Edit: Link is now working.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi leaf,

Please contact Technical Support and open a Support Ticket for this issue. We need to collect the some log files from your system to further investigate, kindly generate a FSDIAG and attach together with your support ticket.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• leaf

Thank you, I will submit a support ticket.  Fortunately the support section of the website seems to be working again.  I only posted here after I had tried and failed to:

1) find the answer on the website (this post was the only related thing I could find)

2) submit an issue (I tried several times, the website came up blank; I could use Google's cached version of it, but then the form wouldn't let me submit

3) use chat for support (same -- blank)

4) call the toll-free US number in search of a human being (I got a recording)

5) find an email address I could use as a contact (could not find any)

Hopefully I'll have better luck now!

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

Sorry to hear about your problems. You must have tried the support tickets at the same time I did over the weekend!!!!

Surprised at the lack of phone support from the States-it should be 24 hours according to this page; http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/call-f-secure-support

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info