How to connect to the SENSE network with an Android device running version 10 or newer?
If you are using an Android device with version 10 or newer, the device uses the new Wi-Fi Network Request API for peer-to-peer connectivity to connect to the setup Wifi network. Also, the user needs to manually connect to the protected SENSE network after creating it.
Note: For devices running Android version 9 or older, the onboarding flow will remain unchanged.
Important: If your device has been connected to another SENSE network before, we recommend that you remove this old WiFi configuration from the device before you start creating the new protected SENSE network. To do this, you need to go to your device WiFi settings, select the old SENSE network and then select Forget.
To connect your device to the new SENSE network, do as follows:
- When the new system dialog is shown, select Connect to set up a temporary WiFi network:
Note: Creating a connection using this API does not provide an internet connection to the app nor to the device.
- After you have created the protected SENSE network, the below dialog opens, showing the name and password of your SENSE network:
- As the password will not be copied for you automatically, copy it from the dialog. The copied password will be cleared from the clipboard after a successful onboarding. Alternatively, you can also write down the password.
- To connect your device to the network manually, select Open WiFi settings. The Wi-Fi panel is shown:
Tip: If you cannot see your SENSE network in the panel, select See more in the lower left corner to view the full list of available WiFi networks.
- Select your SENSE network, and if you copied the SENSE network password to your clipboard, paste it now here. If you wrote down the password on a piece of paper, enter the password here manually. Finally, select Connect.
- Once the connection is successfully created, select the back arrow in the top of the Wi-Fi panel. The Updating SENSE page is shown:
Your SENSE Router will now fetch updates and then restart automatically. Make sure that the SENSE app and router are turned on during the update.
Once everything is ready, the Setup complete page is shown:
- To open the SENSE app, select Take me to SENSE.
Now you can start adding your other devices to your protected SENSE network.