How to set up F-Secure SENSE Router
Protecting your connected home consists of two phases:
- Creating your secure SENSE network
- Connecting all your devices to the network.
To set up your smart and secure SENSE network, download the F-Secure SENSE Router app from Google Play Store or Apple AppStore.
- Open the F-Secure SENSE Router app.
- Select Create your SENSE network.
- Select Let's start.
- Power up your F-Secure SENSE Router and wait for the LED display to turn on. Select Continue on the SENSE Router app.
- When the LED display on SENSE Router starts to pulse, press the blue setup button on the back of SENSE Router. Wait for a 4-digit code to appear on the SENSE Router LED display.
- Select Continue on the SENSE Router app.
- Pair your device with SENSE Router by using the 4-digit code. Pairing may take up to a minute.
- Select your preferred way to connect SENSE Router to your network:
- Select WiFi.
- Select your network from the list, and enter your network password to connect.
- Select OK. Allow a few minutes for SENSE Router to connect to the network.
- Select Cable.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the port labeled WAN (the blue port) on SENSE Router. Connect the other end to the third-party router that you are using for connecting to the internet.
- Select Continue. Allow a few seconds for SENSE Router to connect to the internet.
- A secure SENSE network is created. To edit the network name (SSID) and password, select the Pencil (edit) icon.
- Select Continue. Allow a few minutes for SENSE Router to configure the network.
- If this is your first time setting up SENSE Router, you may be prompted to update the F-Secure SENSE Router software. Select Continue.
This may take a few minutes and SENSE Router may restart itself during this process.
Once the set up is complete, your device is automatically connected to the secure SENSE network. To protect your other devices, connect them to your SENSE network one by one. It is advisable for you to "forget" your old WiFi network on your devices before connecting to the SENSE network.