Why I do keep receiving notifications pop-ups from, for example, easyspeedtest.com on my Windows 10 computer?
Is my computer infected? I have already run a full computer scan but no harmful items were found.
I'm getting suspicious notifications on my Android Chrome browser from e.g. marichi-moda.ru.
These notifications are not infections or viruses on your computer, thus F-Secure will not detect or delete them.
Usually, when you get these notification pop-ups, you've visited a website that asks you to either allow or block its notifications, and you've selected allow. After this, the site will keep sending you notifications.
You can disable this from your browser.
If you select Sites can ask to send notifications, you can block a specific site by viewing the Allowed to send notifications list and clicking the three dots on the right side of an address and then selecting Block.
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, click More
- Choose Settings
- Click Privacy and security from the menu on the left
- Click Site settings from the list in the middle of your screen
- Click Notifications in the Permissions section:
- Choose to block all notifications by selecting Don't allow sites to send notifications
You may also try the steps below to remove Chrome ads notification as Windows 10 comes with the function to show ads.
If you're getting suspicious notifications from Chrome on your Android device, you can disable these notifications by:
- Search for Settings in Windows
- Click on System
- Click on Notifications & actions
- Under "Get notifications from these senders", if you can see Chrome > Turn it Off
- Open Chrome and open the Menu (three dots).
- Choose Settings
- Choose Notifications
- Untick the website that is sending the notifications.
Article no: 000008090