F-Secure SAFE / Internet Security / Anti-Virus Installation failed when running the installer with error "Integrity check failed"
Please make sure that your Windows username does not contain non-unicode characters since the sidegrade feature in the installer only supports unicode characters. If the Windows username includes non-unicode characters, the integrity check will fail.
If your Windows username does not contain non-unicode characters please continue with the steps below.
1. Run the F-Secure Uninstallation tool: https://download.sp.f-secure.com/uninstallationtool/FsUninstallationTool.exe OR https://download.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/UninstallationTool.exe
2. Check for updates in Windows 10
3. Try the F-Secure SAFE installation again:
- Open Start Menu
- Click on Settings > Update & Security settings > Windows Update
- Here, press on the Check for updates button. If any updates are available, they will be offered to you and make sure all install successfully
or proceed with the installation of F-Secure Internet Security / F-Secure Anti-Virus:
- Log into your My F-Secure account: https://my.f-secure.com/login
- Click Add device
- Choose "Mine or My child's Device"
- Choose device type (the system recognizes your device type by default)
- Click on Download for Windows
- Once download completed, click on the download F-Secure Safe Network installer
- When the installer launches, click Continue
- Click on Accept and Install to run the installation
- When the GUI shows the text "Your computer is protected" the installation is complete
If the problem still persist, please try to use a different Browser to download the installer and make you sure, you are not using any internet connection filter.
- Go to the Download F-Secure Products page
- Select your product F-Secure Internet Security or F-Secure Anti-Virus from the list, and click Download for Windows
- Depending on your browser:
- The installer file downloads automatically; or
- You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save File
- Press Ctrl + J on your keyboard to open the download folder and find the file
- Double-click the installer file (F-SecureNetworkInstaller.exe) to run it
- When prompted, type in your subscription key (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) to continue the installation
Article no: 000002682