How to transfer password entries from Kaspersky to ID PROTECTION
This article explains how to export passwords from the Kaspersky password manager, convert them to a supported CSV format, and then import the CSV file to ID PROTECTION.
Note: A few things to take note of before you start:
- The Kaspersky password manager export format is a human-readable file, which can be viewed in
.txt format after the export.
- As the export is in text format, make sure that no one else can access your passwords before you have imported them into ID PROTECTION.
- These instructions are only for Windows.
Follow these steps to import passwords into ID PROTECTION:
- Export the password entries from the Kaspersky password manager.
- Open the Kaspersky password manager and go to Additional > Settings > Import/Export.
- Select Export under Export to text file at the bottom of the view.
- Select where to save the file on your computer, give the file a name, then select Save. The file is saved to your computer.
- Create a spreadsheet and save the file.
Note: Make sure that your spreadsheet software is configured to save CSV files using commas as the separating/delimiting character.
- Once created, add separate column headers in row 1 for the following categories:
- Column A - Group
- Column B - Title
- Column C - Username
- Column D - Password
- Column E - URL
- Column F - Notes
- Go to the Kaspersky export file and type in the information from the export file into the spreadsheet entry by entry. The table below shows how the entries correspond to the fields in the spreadsheet.
|Kaspersky field ||Spreadsheet field |
|Website name |
|Website URL ||URL |
|Login ||Username |
|Password ||Password |
|Comment ||Notes |
For example, the entries in the Kaspersky export file look like this:
- Only enter the information from the Websites and Applications sections of the Kaspersky export.
- Entries from the Applications section do not have a URL, so leave the URL column empty in the spreadsheet.
- ID PROTECTION does not support Note type entries, so these cannot be transferred.
- Leave the spreadsheet field, Group, empty for all entries.
As an example, using the entries from the above example entries, the spreadsheet would then look like this:
- Once you have typed in all of the entries from the export file, save the file and export it in
CSV format, and then you are ready to import the file to ID PROTECTION.
- To import the CSV file to ID PROTECTION, do the following:
ID PROTECTION imports your Kaspersky entries and creates matching entries in ID PROTECTION.
- Open ID PROTECTION and go to Settings > Import passwords.
- In the drop-down menu under What password manager would you like to import from?, select KeePassX V2.
- Drag and drop the
CSV file that you created into the Drag and drop your file here area in the app, or select Choose file to import, browse to the file and select it.
You can now access your password entries in ID PROTECTION's Vault.