F Secure 2010 + Windows XP "Scan Wizard" won't start under any condition.

Hello,

I tend to do a monthly scan for a very old computer (only 1GB RAM) with XP SP 3, but since last month I have been unable to run any kind of manual scans, and schedulled scans don't run at all. The "Scan Wizard" never appears after clicking on the scan/Full Computer Scan nor any other options. Sometimes the Security Suite window simply disappears after clicking it (like if the app crashed). I have reinstalled the application time and time again, using CCleaner and the F-Secure uninstallation tool, but to no avail. I also have run a couple of times MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware.

Please give me a hint of what to do as I don't want to format the computer because of this, as otherwise has been working fine.

Kind regards,

Marco Gargari

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

first point before any further help is possible:

1.) do you still have a valid licence?

2.) Please update to 2012! Your licence is also valid for running 2012.

BR

• Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer
    Mathias, he has old computer, and needs old anti-virus(due to lack of system resource, new requires more resources than that.)
  • MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Yes, it requires more ressources than 2010, but 1GB should still be enough.

Also it mght be a good idea to test with some more GB (borrow from a friend) 1GB currently costs some 20 $ at the moment and would most likely boost the total PC-Performance...

• tidaltides
    tidaltides Posts: 17 Observer

If you almost have everything up to date, you won't get this type of problem. I have both old and new computer. F-Secure works with the new computer, but not in the old computer.image

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info