Is it safe to delete the ih8run.config.xml.log and ih8.config.xml.log files ?

Hi everyone,

I have installed F-secure recently and those 2 log files became very large:
C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Logs\Setup\ih8run.config.xml.log - 4 GB
C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\Logs\Setup\ih8.config.xml.log -  2,7 GB

Is this normal? Could those files be deleted without damaging the F-secure system?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Maybe you have to contact F-Secure Support direct channels as chat/phone:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

There was topic about this certain file, but about previous F-Secure builds/versions (and for Internet Security home solution?!);

Not sure if current builds still with this design - so maybe it can be also useful to know "what build / F-Secure solution there" ;

Previous topic with related meanings:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/260-Mb-file-ih8-config-xml-log/m-p/15758

Good if you will back with reply.

Thanks!

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I would also like to know the answer to this, as I am rapidly running out of space on my C drive, and any means to save space would be keenly welcomed.  :)

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Simon wrote:

I would also like to know the answer to this, as I am rapidly running out of space on my C drive, and any means to save space would be keenly welcomed.  :)

Sorry for ask!

But... does it means... that with your system such files also there?

Though - I have one GB of potential 'no critical' data under F-Secure folder (logs/updates-backup); It probably more "temporary", than such files from topic's meanings;

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

@Ukko wrote:

@Simon wrote:

Sorry for ask!

But... does it means... that with your system such files also there?

Though - I have one GB of potential 'no critical' data under F-Secure folder (logs/updates-backup); It probably more "temporary", than such files from topic's meanings;

Actually, I've just checked, and no, it appears that I don't have those!  red-face.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info