disk usage 99% and multiple instances of fshoster32.exe running

With regard to the above, please let me know  if this is a problem with f-secure or it is a malware problem.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

With the information given, we have no way of knowing. Sometimes, this can be a symptom of having more than one anti-virus program installed, as this can cause conflicts.

If you suspect malware, then a scan with www.Malwarebytes.org may answer that question.  

• Shekar
    Shekar Posts: 4 New Member
    I had one and on installing f-secure internet security it automatically uninstalled AVG antivirus and continued installing.....and i see this system degradation as of now....
  • Shekar
    Appreciate, if you can lead me in giving more information for further helping me get rid of this situation.....
  • Simon
    Download and run AVG Remover from here, then reboot your machine:

http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities

If that doesn't fix things, then download and run the F-Secure Uninstall Tool from the link below, reboot, then reinstall F-Secure:

https://www.f-secure.com/en_GB/web/home_gb/support-tools
  • Shekar
    Scanned with downloaded free trial version of Malwarebytes and removed most of the malware....you were right...and the disk usage seems to be normal...thanx a ton....should i uninstall malwarebytes program.....
  • Simon

Depends which version of Malwarebytes.  If it's the free one, which I don't think runs in real time, then it will be OK to stay, and you can just run a scan with it periodically.  Malwarebytes 2.02 is fine to run in real time, as it is compatible with F-Secure, but Malwarebytes 3.0 may give you problems, as it did me.

I would still recommend that you run the AVG Remover tool, as the auto-uninstall F-Secure carried out may not have removed all of AVG's components, and this may lead to problems further on.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info