Problem Entering Renewal key: Check network connection ?

I'm using WIN XP (german environment) and I renew F-Secure Internet Security several times during the last years sucessfully, but now after entering my new key I bought a few weeks ago the message "Check network connection and try again"  (<- german message, translated) appears . Any idea, what the problem might be?   Many Thanks from Germany  Frank

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I'm not sure why the 'Check network connection' message appears, but I don't believe F-Secure supports Windows XP any more, so I don't think you will be able to install it on that operating system.  Maybe that is the issue, and it's just producing an unhelpful error message?  

• Stranger
    Stranger Posts: 4 Observer

Thanks for your answer !   Regarding the "End of Windows XP support for F-Secure SAFE and F-Secure Internet Security in June 2016"     F-Secure writes    "The products will continue to work on your computer, but if you are running Windows XP, you will no longer receive security updates for this operating system."    

F-Secure Internet Security is already installed for many years on my PC and is still working well, but tomorrow my current key will end.....   And to let ths product "continue to work on my computer" I want to enter the new key.   So this should be possible....    Best regards Frank

• stevek
    stevek Posts: 3 New Member

i think that i have the same problem. up until yesterday my F-secure was working happily on my XP PC. today i renewed my subscription from that same XP PC and the F-Secure website was quite happy to accept that renewal but now it won't install. there was no warning at the time i renewed that i was paying into a black hole (money in, nothing out)

steve

• Jasonhawkes
    Jasonhawkes Posts: 1 New Member

same problem - paid for renewal, this is for 3 machines, 2 on win XP seem to have failed to update, f-secure is already installed on both

• stevek

maybe someone from support could post a link to your refunds department (presumably heavily overworked when you think how many XP PCs there are still out there)

steve

• Stranger
    Stranger Posts: 4 Observer

I already ask the support for repayment because of not supporting WIN XP, even though this was written down ("continue to work on"), and they agreed (in exchange the key I bought of course become invalid). Very fair handling, but only the second-best solution, since now I'm forced to search and use another produkt, although I've been happy with F-Secure for many years .    Not supporting WIN XP anymore, they might loose a lot of  (happy) customers.    sad....

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    To be honest, I think you will have trouble finding another product which still supports XP, as it is an outdated operating system, and no longer supported by Microsoft. Glad to hear you got your refund, though.
  • stevek

although i was happy with F-secure it turns out that as a UK Barclays bank customer im entitled to a free copy of Kaspersky Internet Security. i've installed it and it works Ok on my XP PC

i know that F-Secure won't mind me mentioning this because they obviously don't want any XP customers

steve

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info