Can't connect to the Internet after downloading

Hi there, was putting f-secure into my desktop computer there, created and account, installed it, restarted the computer and went to finish the installation and it won't let me as it says I can't connect to the Internet even though I was working perfectly fine before I downloaded this security (limited or no access). Tried to reset the router etc but nothing is working. I have window 10 running on it. Please help ASAP?

Thanks

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

F-Secure does run a network check on new networks, and I guess it would see a network as "new" when it is first installed. Did you get a popup flyer telling you that your network is safe, or did you get any other popup boxes?

• Jamesmc93
    Jamesmc93 Posts: 2 New Member
    no I didn't even get to finish the download as I couldn't connect to my network even though it cabled to my modem
  • Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    So, if you're saying F-Secure isn't even installed, then I can't see how it could be blocking your internet connection. Do you have any other Firewalls installed? I know you said you've restarted the router, but have you actually rebooted the PC as well?
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info